Waived: Ongoing 2018-19 Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Different home countries, ~5 year age difference, but I always confuse Frk w Ek

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Detroit needs to quire Ek so they can a run a Ek - Ehn - Frk line.

If they make that acquisition, they have to run a Frk-Ehn-xxx line for puck drop at least once for s***s and giggles.

I mean, how do you pass up calling the Frk'Ehn xxx line. Imagine the marketing value if they can find a name pronouced "Eh". They'd be the most Canadian line EVER.

Reactions: uncleben

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Imagine the marketing value if they can find a name pronouced "Eh". They'd be the most Canadian line EVER.

“Eh” is just a US late show stereotype. Not used in the vast majority of Canada. There would be no marketing value whatsoever. Moving on.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
“Eh” is just a US late show stereotype. Not used in the vast majority of Canada. There would be no marketing value whatsoever. Moving on.

Not sure about marketing value but just about every non-western Canadian I knows says "eh" :dunno:

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada

Not sure what part of Canada you're from, but I know I've heard it used on a semi regular basis in the Yukon, BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan during work stints there. Also in Manitoba, Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland/Labrador while travelling during multiple summers.

As Uncleben says, it's not quite as common as it used to be, and not as bad as the US stereotype makes it seem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad