Waived: Ongoing 2018-19 Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
The goal is to win this year AND to win in future years. Keeping Holl saves cap space next year, while making the team very, very, very, very marginally worse. You do realize we're talking about Martin Marincin here?
You do realize you're the one who wrote that he was a better defender.

You may be right, you may be wrong, but if you're right, the Leafs would be better with him on the roster.

Nazzlind

Sep 9, 2010
Lower Mainland
You do realize you're the one who wrote that he was a better defender.

You may be right, you may be wrong, but if you're right, the Leafs would be better with him on the roster.
Holl has a cheaper caphit

I'm not a leafs fan and idk if Marinicin is better than holl or not, but from an outsider's perspective, this def seems like a cap move. I'm sure holl being a right shot factored into this decision as well

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
According to Capfriendly Ottawa's Nick Paul is on waivers. This one surprises me - maybe an Ottawa fan can weigh in a bit here.

Link: CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

He has a good enough skill set to be an NHLer but I get the sense the NHL is a little to quick for him. I love his puck pursuit but outside of that at the NHL level hasn't checked off any boxes. He struggles the make the plays he needs to in the important areas of the ice.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He has a good enough skill set to be an NHLer but I get the sense the NHL is a little to quick for him. I love his puck pursuit but outside of that at the NHL level hasn't checked off any boxes. He struggles the make the plays he needs to in the important areas of the ice.
Relied too much on his size and strength advantage in junior. Unfortunately he hasn't improved the other areas of his game since then.

What's the reason for the Sens moving him to the wing permanently? He used to be pretty good on the draw IIRC.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Relied too much on his size and strength advantage in junior. Unfortunately he hasn't improved the other areas of his game since then.

What's the reason for the Sens moving him to the wing permanently? He used to be pretty good on the draw IIRC.

He has played a bit in the middle, even this year but for me it comes back to the game being too fast. Too often he has space and should be able to make a simple play but he is unable to.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I mean Smith and Elie are not good NHL players. Was suprised Elie was picked up in the first place to be honest. Smith i sort of expected to get picked up but i'm not suprised Bruins waived him again and nobody picked him up either. Just not a difference maker and you're on the hook for his contract if you take him.
I think Ellie would be a great player for the Senators to take a look at also they should get Wideman back for a solid third line at a good price.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think Ellie would be a great player for the Senators to take a look at also they should get Wideman back for a solid third line at a good price.

Elie is a fast checking winger who does very little else. Fringe NHL player . Pretty inept on offense especially . Even during his time in the AHL with Texas he never really managed to show much . If you have coaches who love players who do nothing but check like Hitchcock sure use him but if your coach 4th liner do something else besides checking he's not worth it.

Still not sure "great" is the right word i'd just for Elie. He can be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad