Waived: Ongoing 2018-19 Waivers Thread Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Caley, have a question:

Would you expected anyone to be on waivers Sunday? That's since by the time they clear/or not on Monday, GM's only have 3 hours to work with the newfound cap space.

Normally there's a rush of waivers on the day before the deadline. Some teams need to clear space,other want rid of players they've failed to trade, some players actually have more value after being waived etc.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Me too. Good depth guy on a contending team.
He seems to have a bit of a track record of giving a team a short burst after a change of scenery, anyway. Before fading back into oblivion. This time of the year, maybe some team could have capitalized on that. No term left on his deal as a risk factor. Oh well.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Hmmm - for some reason I was expecting more players on waivers today.
Admittedly, me too

Last year there were 8 players already on NHL rosters that were waived, and 4 FA signings trying to get back to the A. 3 players were claimed.

This year there is one roster player waived??? The other four were FA signings...

Surprising

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Jones

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Going to unstick this as waiver season is largely over

Thread can be found in the Portals sticky instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: uncleben

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
is this a buyout thing???
Nope. Both are on waivers to go to the AHL. Pietila was on the Devils roster for a certain time (I can never remember what it is, something like 10 games or 30 days) and has to clear waivers in order to be re-assigned. Walcott was still on season-opening IR and is finally healthy enough to go to the AHL and has to clear waivers to do so.

Reactions: Mike Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad