26. Cory Schneider +
27. Jeff Schultz -
28. Mark Fistric
29. Mike Green +
30. Andy Rogers

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Jacobv2 said:
All the more reason to give him the minus, right?

well it was also his rookie year, forced down a bit in the lineup by NHLers, and as mentioned was always considered a project. Korpikoski is one of those guys it seems hasn't matured physically as much as someone like, say, Chucko at the same age (I say Chucko because on the Rangers draft show, they showed the Rangers putting Chucko and Korpikoski through some exercises before the draft and you could see Chucko was built, and Korpikoski didn't look as phsyically mature). Given time to grow and mature, I think Korpikoski will be fine...he has skills, he has a great work ethic, he's just one of those players that will take longer to develop, and the Rangers knew that...other teams that wanted to daft him around that area knew that...so I don't think his draft standing would necessarily go down because of his year last year.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Evgeny Malkin +
3. Cam Barker -
4. Andrew Ladd -
5. Blake Wheeler -
6. Al Montoya -
7. Rostislav Olesz +
8. Alexandre Picard
9. Ladislav Smid
10. Boris Valabik -
11. Lauri Tukonen
12. A.J. Thelen -
13. Drew Stafford
14. Devan Dubnyk
15. Alexander Radulov +
16. Petteri Nokelainen +
17. Marek Schwarz
18. Kyle Chipchura +
19. Lauri Korpikoski
20. Travis Zajac +
21. Wojtek Wolski -
22. Lukas Kaspar -
23. Andrej Meszaros +
24. Kris Chucko +
25. Robbie Schremp +
26. Cory Schneider
27. Jeff Schultz +
28. Mark Fistric
29. Mike Green +
30. Andy Rogers -

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Jacobv2 said:
All the more reason to give him the minus, right?

Hardly, I think. I mean, granted, a kid like Korpikoski can't play top 6 in the elite league, but in his first season he played a young rookie's role. I don't see how it would have any effect on opinions of him.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
1. Alexander Ovechkin +
2. Evgeny Malkin +
3. Cam Barker
4. Andrew Ladd --
5. Blake Wheeler -
6. Al Montoya --
7. Rostislav Olesz
8. Alexandre Picard
9. Ladislav Smid +
10. Boris Valabik -
11. Lauri Tukonen
12. A.J. Thelen -
13. Drew Stafford +
14. Devan Dubnyk
15. Alexander Radulov +
16. Petteri Nokelainen +
17. Marek Schwarz -
18. Kyle Chipchura +
19. Lauri Korpikoski +
20. Travis Zajac +
21. Wojtek Wolski -
22. Lukas Kaspar
23. Andrej Meszaros +
24. Kris Chucko
25. Robbie Schremp +
26. Cory Schneider
27. Jeff Schultz
28. Mark Fistric -
29. Mike Green
30. Andy Rogers -

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
even though Adam Pineault was not a first rounder, would you give him a plus or a minus or has he stayed pretty much the same? He didn't have an unbelievable season in Moncton, but anything is better than the season he spent with BC

FlyersFan10*

Epsilon said:
Is it just me, or is the trendy thing to do now to pick random guys from the 2004 draft and talk about how they could be just as good or better than Ovechkin and Malkin? Really, if the last year has shown anything, it's just how far ahead of everyone else in that draft class those two are.

I don't think they're that far ahead at all. They've had the opportunity to play against men back in Russia. That will help them along, but when guys like Chucko and Zajac come to the NHL, they'll be ready to play as well. I think if anything, Ovechkin and Malkin are slightly overrated on here.

They're going to get a ton of ice time when they come to North America, but are they going to be able to turn their respective franchises around? I don't know. And that's the thing that needs to be asked. Yes, they are extremely talented individuals, but I don't know if they are the kinds of players that will carry a franchise on their shoulders.

As well, being rushed into situations where the team is going to be perrenially bad for the next while, you have to ask whether or not that is going to be hard on them psychologically. Remember, these are guys who are used to winning. If they aren't winning, they aren't happy. If they aren't happy, then who's to say that they won't demand a trade?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I didn't think he was the star of any games, I thought the Isles prospect Nokelainen impressed more at the WJC in every game. Hitting the bar isn't getting it done and verses Canada they did nothing.

se7en*

I'm not going to pretend I know all about everyone else's prospects, but I will say that Robbie Schremp should have been drafted higher. In hindsight, I'm sure happy he wasn't! :)

penkil2

Dec 5, 2003
MI
Visit site
JNRhockeyGURU said:
even though Adam Pineault was not a first rounder, would you give him a plus or a minus or has he stayed pretty much the same? He didn't have an unbelievable season in Moncton, but anything is better than the season he spent with BC

Pineault started the season very strong and continued to play well until his knee injury during the World Jr.'s. He played through the injury when he returned to Moncton, but the injury needed time to heal and Pineault sat out 10 games. After this injury the team was in a slump, coach got fired, players traded, new coach kept rotating the linemates to no avail. The team never got it together. Pineault had a good showing considering all the obstacles. Moncton plays a heavy defensive game that cuts the scoring opportunities down. I look for a good season for Pineault coming up.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Personally, and as much as I dog him because of his ego, AJ Thelen at this moment should be even. He's a questionable prospect because of his problems in Michigan, but we haven't really seen what he's capable of. I don't think he regressed a lot but didn't progress as he should have, hence the even. Also given that a lot of prospects went to the WJC but Thelen (and Johnson strangely enough) were left off, it's hard to judge how good they would have been.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
AnThGrt said:
If you watched it he did step it up and you watched the games he was the star of the game a few times yet didnt score i mean i couldnt even count the number of times he hit the bar.... really every game like a few times and he doubled his production last season yet i dont think his stock increased i just think it stayed the same most say and polls say if draft was redone he'd of gone top 5 where he was predicted to go

Tukonen was another victim of the lockout. He pretty much lost a full year of playing important minutes, and he really didn't step it up at the WJC's like we Kings' fans had hoped.

It's not like anyone is saying he's a bust, but he did not have the type of year that would prompt one to say that he improved his stock (+). If anything, this lost year lowered his potential, though not necessarily of his own responsibility, hence the (-). It's all relative anyway. He won't be coming to NA for at least one more full season. He's got plenty of time to get back on track.

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
Can somebody sumarize Blake Wheelers year. Was are your opinions about him? Was he picked too early, or is he also just a project in need of time.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
from what i know:

1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Evgeny Malkin
3. Cam Barker
4. Andrew Ladd -
5. Blake Wheeler -
6. Al Montoya -
7. Rostislav Olesz