One year ago today

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I might be alone in thinking this, but as best as I can recall I was wayyyyy more excited for that Dubinsky tying goal than the Foligno goal. Don't get me wrong, I was extremely happy to watch an OT game winner at home but there was something about completing the comeback with an empty net effort that got me way more... aroused? :laugh:

I guess it's because the game tying goal gave me a real sense of hope for a win, not only in that game but in the series. After the Dubi goal I guess I was just expecting to win the game, so Foligno's goal came as more of an expectancy than a surprise :)

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I may be alone in this boat, and obviously this moment and the Dubi tying goal were absolutely huge and will be memories I hold in my heart until we win the cup (;)), but my favorite moment of the playoffs is still the last 10 minutes of Game 6.

Game 6 was the ultimate train wreck for the team in the first three periods, except the final 10 minutes. That team fought like hell, swung and swung and kept swinging until the final buzzer. From 4-0 down to 4-3 with 4 minutes to go, I was convinced we were going to tie that game. The electricity in the arena (from the TV, I wasn't there) and in my house was unreal and I will always hold it close to me. Even though we lost, those final 10 minutes were the definition of the team. I still love Game 2 and 4, don't get me wrong, but the last 10 minutes of Game 6 is the reason why I am a Blue Jacket fan.

No need to parse these things, they were all great. I hear you, but coming back from down by three and winning in OT were pretty outrageous, too. Just a phenomenal team, hopefully ready to do some damage next year.

(sorry Wiz won't be here to contribute)

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I may be alone in this boat, and obviously this moment and the Dubi tying goal were absolutely huge and will be memories I hold in my heart until we win the cup (;)), but my favorite moment of the playoffs is still the last 10 minutes of Game 6.

Game 6 was the ultimate train wreck for the team in the first three periods, except the final 10 minutes. That team fought like hell, swung and swung and kept swinging until the final buzzer. From 4-0 down to 4-3 with 4 minutes to go, I was convinced we were going to tie that game. The electricity in the arena (from the TV, I wasn't there) and in my house was unreal and I will always hold it close to me. Even though we lost, those final 10 minutes were the definition of the team. I still love Game 2 and 4, don't get me wrong, but the last 10 minutes of Game 6 is the reason why I am a Blue Jacket fan.

I was in the building for both (in different sections). After the 3rd goal of game 6, the crowd may have been just as raucous as in game 4. People were falling over their seats going crazy. Pittsburgh, if I remember, had to call time out because the Fleury chants were deafening (that's what I told myself anyway). Damn Malkin and his hat trick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad