OT: One Year Ago..Kunitz Was There

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Maybe with the help of mirrors?

I'm glad he was there but also happy he isn't there anymore but elsewhere.

I hardly watched him play this PO but he sure looked like ****.

Actually, as a 4th liner he was fine - the key being 4th liner.

Had he returned to the Penguins they probably would've been compelled too often to play him with Crosby.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Actually, as a 4th liner he was fine - the key being 4th liner.

Had he returned to the Penguins they probably would've been compelled too often to play him with Crosby.
Agreed, i'm sure they would have tried that more than once, just for ol' times sake.

Can you imagine how this board would have reacted if he was still around?

'Penguins resign Kunitz' = guaranteed board implosion!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Agreed, i'm sure they would have tried that more than once, just for ol' times sake.

Can you imagine how this board would have reacted if he was still around?

'Penguins resign Kunitz' = guaranteed board implosion!

Kunitz being in our bottom six LW depth would’ve made us a deeper team this year.

I also would put some emphasis on the fact he was a good locker room leader too.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
20170525pdPenguinsSports09-2.jpg

penguins_nhl_AP_1_web.jpg

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Boy I must have been doing 2 things at once while typing that. :laugh:

I stood on the top of my couch when he scored with my hair hitting the ceiling. :laugh: That's what I meant to say.

The version I quoted would be more impressive though. You'd have some crazy flexibility.

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
That was the only playoff game I went to in person last year, needless to say I picked the right one. Short of a cup clinching game I won't attend a better game (in terms of significance and experience) in my life.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Glad he got to ride off into the sunset with a Cup, that 2OT goal was (obviously) a pivotal moment in the playoffs.

Also glad he's gone. He was very bad for the final few years here. But, to be fair, that was mostly due to the way he was deployed (top-6, top PP time) and it wasn't really his fault.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Kunitz being in our bottom six LW depth would’ve made us a deeper team this year.

I also would put some emphasis on the fact he was a good locker room leader too.
What's his contract like?

Wouldn't he have cost more than a hungrier rookie?

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006

I also would put some emphasis on the fact he was a good locker room leader too

You have got to be shitting me. That dude was causing fights and arguments between his linemates for the last 2 years he was here. Everyone who played with him on his line ended up being frustrated, but because he was older they just argued with each other instead.

I'm glad the guy scored some big goals for us, but I really doubt we even need those goals if we had a different 4 million dollar player in his spot. To think that a guy who made as much money as he did could go 20-some games without scoring a goal with the players he played with is obscene.

Reactions: BladeRunner66

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You have got to be ****ting me. That dude was causing fights and arguments between his linemates for the last 2 years he was here. Everyone who played with him on his line ended up being frustrated, but because he was older they just argued with each other instead.

I'm glad the guy scored some big goals for us, but I really doubt we even need those goals if we had a different 4 million dollar player in his spot. To think that a guy who made as much money as he did could go 20-some games without scoring a goal with the players he played with is obscene.

As much money? He made less than 4 mil and was a top six winger in terms of production in both cup runs.

I would have rather had Kunitz - Sheahan - Rust as our 4th line or even Kunitz - Brassard - Kessel.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
As much money? He made less than 4 mil and was a top six winger in terms of production in both cup runs.

I would have rather had Kunitz - Sheahan - Rust as our 4th line or even Kunitz - Brassard - Kessel.
Lol..that dude was carried by his centers in those cup runs. Look at what happened to him this season without an all-world center in the playoffs.

He would've done the same thing here without Geno or Sid propping him up. Stop looking at stats and start watching the play.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I remember my legs being so wobbly because I was so nervous. When I stood up and yelled I almost fell over lol. I kept telling myself that at least they won the year before as I was preparing for a heartbreaking loss. However, the Sens never threatened much in the first and second OT. Such an incredible moment when Kunitz scored.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
If the coach would play him on the fourth line (and only the fourth line), then I'd have no problem with him still being on the roster. It's the fact that we'd have to watch him try to make plays or score goals next to Sid for another 82+ games. Prime Kunitz (2009-14), though, was great.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Post this on Facebook and you'll have 1,000 replies explaining why us not re-signing Kunitz is the reason we are not in the Cup. That and Fleury > Murray.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Post this on Facebook and you'll have 1,000 replies explaining why us not re-signing Kunitz is the reason we are not in the Cup. That and Fleury > Murray.

You forgot Bonino
And Daley
And Hainsey

In fact, if our roster wasn't 100% exactly like the one that won the previous 2 years, then that's the smoking gun for why we came up short. I mean it's obvious!

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
You forgot Bonino
And Daley
And Hainsey

In fact, if our roster wasn't 100% exactly like the one that won the previous 2 years, then that's the smoking gun for why we came up short. I mean it's obvious!

Saturday. September 23. 2017. Letang named alternate captain.

There is your smoking gun.:sarcasm:

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig