One take/thing you said at the beginning of the year, that didn't come true?

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I thought this would be kind of a fun thread

I know for me, I said Mittelstadt would win the Calder. I also said Buffalo will finish in the top 4 in the Atlantic.

What about the rest of you?

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
I'm sure most of us, while not writing on this board, thought or told somebody that Phil Housley would be fired mid-season.

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo
I thought Eichel would get 100 points and Reinhart 70 points.
They were both on target until the team had their collective nervous breakdown.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I thought Sabres would be in the playoff hunt to the last few games. What a downer.

Reactions: Vito_81

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I said they would work the reward recalls to see what they had on the farm effectively.

I also pegged Dahlin for a successful season at 30 points.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I figured we would be bad, but I had the season starting off a completely different way. We would be a lot of games under .500 for the first half, and I think I had them above .500 for the 2nd half.

Also, Skinner only getting 25 goals. Completely wrong about that.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I figured they'd end the season with at least 80 points, hopefully closer to 90. Not even close on that one.

I also thought we'd see more of O'Regan and Smith at the NHL level than we did.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
That Ullmark would excel as the 1A to Hutton's 1B.
Several Amerks would force their way onto the roster, as this was clearly a developmental year. (It's absurd that Botts and Housley could mess this up so badly)
The O'Reilly trade would lead to better depth in the forward ranks and help development of the younger players.
Housley would be replaced mid season if the team looked on par with last year.

Overall, I had minimal expectations for this team, and just wanted to see some progress and progressive prospect development. Instead, we regressed badly and force fed minutes to terrible vets, all while playing some of the most passive, passionless hockey I have ever seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad