One Piece Sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
"Best Bang For Your Buck"

Hey i was wondering which one piece sticks seem to be the best "bang for your buck" on the market today as i know many people such as myself wonder which stick to buy and dont not want to spend $200 + dollars on one and be unsatisfied.

I have excluded the Easton Stealth stick, main reason being is because this stick seems to be superior to any stick on the market today, that and it cost $350 CDN.

Easton Synergy Si Core
Easton Synergy Si Core Grip
Easton Synergy 100
CCM Vector V120
CCM Vector V110
Louisville TPS Response
Mission M-1
Bauer Vapor XX
Bauer Vapor VII

Feel free to list any sticks i had missed as i tried to list the most popular ones on the market today

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
#2 said:
"Best Bang For Your Buck"

Hey i was wondering which one piece sticks seem to be the best "bang for your buck" on the market today as i know many people such as myself wonder which stick to buy and dont not want to spend $200 + dollars on one and be unsatisfied.

I have excluded the Easton Stealth stick, main reason being is because this stick seems to be superior to any stick on the market today, that and it cost $350 CDN.

Easton Synergy Si Core
Easton Synergy Si Core Grip
Easton Synergy 100
CCM Vector V120
CCM Vector V110
Louisville TPS Response
Mission M-1
Bauer Vapor XX
Bauer Vapor VII

Feel free to list any sticks i had missed as i tried to list the most popular ones on the market today

they're ALL too light. the lightest stick I've used is an Easton graphite shaft with a graphite blade on it, and I can barely feel the puck. I still have success with wooden sticks and if you're a defenseman (which I'm not), the wood sticks hurt a lot more than the one-piece jobs.

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
If you don't mind me asking, what level of hockey do you play at?

I honestly don't see the point in using ~$200+ sticks that are guaranteed to break after a month or two unless you're getting it free through promotions/sponsorship, unless you're a pro, playing D1 college, playing in some sort of high level junior elite league with aspirations of going pro, etc. For the casual beer league player it doesn't make sense and a decent 2-piece is more than sufficient. If OPS' were more durable, I could justify paying the high price tags associated with them, but until they get more durable I won't be buying one anytime soon.

I voted for the M-1, never used one but I own an M-2 and if the M-1 is anything like the M-2 then it should be awesome.

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
of all the 1 piece sticks I've had, the M-1 would be my favorite, followed closely by the Synergy Grip, 110 flex.....I have no use for the Si-core as the blade broke on the one I had in the same spot twice, and my buddy has had 3, and all 3 had the same break...

the new response is far too light, same with the Easton Stealth.

The Vapor XX is a stick I'm highly interested in getting my hands on, and am flip-flopping between that and another M-1. The M-1 I get a pro deal on, so $100 + shipping and handling. The Vapor XX I can get my hands on for around $200....

And Accord, I had my M-1 for a year and paid $150 for it, and I had my Grip for a year and paid $225ish for it...Both I was able to stick blades in and use as 2 piece sticks, so I figured I got my money's worth out of them. And I only play Rec hockey...although most of the guys in league are ex-WHLers and BCHLers....and a couple guys who played in the AHL/were drafted.

PockIsGoD

Apr 16, 2004
Sherbrooke, QC
I'm using the V-120, but it's only because I got one free with my skate this summer. My personnal favorite is the 2 piece Synthesis Shaft & Blade. I had one that had resisted the whole season last year. I broke it playing ball hockey this summer.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
PockIsGoD said:
I'm using the V-120, but it's only because I got one free with my skate this summer. My personnal favorite is the 2 piece Synthesis Shaft & Blade. I had one that had resisted the whole season last year. I broke it playing ball hockey this summer.

you used a 200 dollar stick for ball hockey??? :eek:

Thibaj

Aug 5, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Some guys in my league told me you can play a whole year with the same stick, so it could be worth to grab one around 100$ (a lot of Christmas sales these days in Montreal). Is that true? I'm currently paying over 30$ for each of my sticks and I find that they don't last very long...

IkeaMonkey*

Thibaj said:
Some guys in my league told me you can play a whole year with the same stick, so it could be worth to grab one around 100$ (a lot of Christmas sales these days in Montreal). Is that true? I'm currently paying over 30$ for each of my sticks and I find that they don't last very long...

Depends. Some $200 sticks will go in a week. Some will last 3 years. All depends on alot of factors. Manufacturer's defects, the type of league you play in from a check/slash standpoint, how much weight you apply to your shot, your shots form. In my opinion, a shaft is a better, cheaper way to go for a stick. Unless you do what CC did and get the expensive sticks cut and used as shafts after the blades break.

Keetz

Sep 14, 2004
Little Falls
Thibaj said:
personally I use sher-wood twiggs I love them. The guys on my team mostly use the M-1's because they work for mission, but they last! our league is non checking but pretty slashy and hard on sticks as far as stick checking goes. But our best player has used the same stick 2 times a week for a year and still going.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
One Piece Sticks are getting cheaper as i see SportChek and National Sports advertise some good values on their sticks. For example i believe Sportchek is selling the CCM Vector V100 at 79.99 bucks, which is half of the original and at National i bought a TPS response Grip for 99.99 as they were selling them at half price. Its good to not have to buy a one piece stick at $200+ dollars

:)

Radulov for Czar*

I've owned the original Si-Core, and 4 responses, and they have all lasted from 1/2 season to a full season (6 months or so) I am on a si-core grip right now, and it's real light. I don't use it all the time, I have a shaft from a Response X-10 that I put my own patterned blade into. A little heavier than the si-core, and I feel I get a harder slapper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->