One Piece or Shaft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke34e

Dec 7, 2004
I'm on my 4th One piece stick now and I've been happy with all them except for my response (also used vector v110, vapor XX and currently using yellow synergy grip). I'm considering switching over to shafts now and find out if that improves my game.

Anyone on here who has used a one piece and a shaft and you like one more than the other which one is it and why??? Which sticks were they??? Which shaft do you reccomend me trying or not trying???

Thanks

GBailey93

Jun 20, 2003
OWNS OWNS
The shaft that I have been using for the past 8 years is the Easton Ultra Light shaft. I have used the 100 and the 110 flex, and prefer the 100.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Tapered shafts perform as well as OPS. Problem is they don't make as many tapered shafts as they do OPS, but you can also mix and match blades, so it's a toss up. If you can find a tapered shaft you like, definately go for it. XV and Synthesis (there is a new one out now) should be right up your ally. I loved my R2 Xn10 shaft, The Flyweight was incredible and both my Novius and 1100 were likely the best sticks I've ever used.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
EazyB97 said:
Tapered shafts perform as well as OPS. Problem is they don't make as many tapered shafts as they do OPS, but you can also mix and match blades, so it's a toss up. If you can find a tapered shaft you like, definately go for it. XV and Synthesis (there is a new one out now) should be right up your ally. I loved my R2 Xn10 shaft, The Flyweight was incredible and both my Novius and 1100 were likely the best sticks I've ever used.
Agreed. Unless you have an unlimited budget or you play in the NHL, I don't see why you'd get a OPS over a tapered shaft. You get the same performance as a OPS and the ability to change your blade.

Transported Upstater

After breaking a CCM Vector V130c, I am considering trying the shaft+blade combo.

luke34e

Dec 7, 2004
I'm actually looking into Rbk. The 5k one piece is 199.99 and the 5k shaft is 99.99, both feel really good and I'm willing to pay the extra money for the one piece if it really is better.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Go with the 6K if you want RBK, it's a shaft, performs like an OPS, nicer than the the 5K shaft, and IMO nicer than the OPS.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Personally I prefer the two-piece sticks, if you get a nice blade to go with the shaft it essentially performs the same as the one-piece sticks. I personally just feel more comfortable with the (for example) Easton Synthesis two-piece, as compared to the Easton Synergy. If nothing else, it's a lot cheaper to find a nice blade, as opposed to buying a one-piece, playing around than finding that the blade is totally wrong, and trying to find another one-piece with a different blade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad