One Piece Coffey pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
The Easton Gaborik pattern is the old Yzerman, which was the Coffey pattern. You should be able to find a synergy st with a gaborik pattern. I dont think many were sold, so they might even be cheap.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
the gaborik easton is an easton 5.5 lie - which is much close to sherwoods 5.5 lie than the easton yzerman 6.0. if the lie of the coffey is something you like i would say definitely go for easton gaborik, not the yzerman. easton lie's seem to be just under .5 higher than everyone elses.

mugu

Aug 12, 2003
Thanks you guys and keep the response coming

the lie of the stick will matter to me as Im finding its much harder to change the style of my skating and stick handling to adjust to the lie then it is to just adjust the lie itself, but i also want the same curve as the coffey blade

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
This year's batch fo Synergy's is going back to the Yzerman, which I assume means the old 6 lie. 1800faceoff and other sites are trying to clear out the old batches of Synergy's, so you might be able to get an ST Gaborik for $120 US.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Not to threadjack, but a follow-up blade pattern question: Anyone know which Bauer blade pattern has the deepest curve between the Naslund, Kovalchuk (71) or Hossa (9)?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Jacobv2 said:
Not to threadjack, but a follow-up blade pattern question: Anyone know which Bauer blade pattern has the deepest curve between the Naslund, Kovalchuk (71) or Hossa (9)?

Naslund and Kovalchuk retail blades are 1/2", Hossa's is 3/8". If I'm not mistaken, Hossa is basically a clone of the Easton Modano/Forsberg (real mild closed face) while the Naslund is an Easton Sakic clone.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
The CCM one-piece in the Thornton pattern is the exact same curve as the Coffey (although i don't know what the lie is). The Gaborik is different from the Yzerman (I had an Yzerman, it has more of a twist at the toe), but is also fairly close to the Coffey. I am a Coffey pattern user in both all-wood sticks and in the shaft/blade. I would like to see Sher-Wood come out with a good composite in the Coffey pattern (at least in my city, you can't find such a thing).

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
jiggs 10 said:
The CCM one-piece in the Thornton pattern is the exact same curve as the Coffey (although i don't know what the lie is). The Gaborik is different from the Yzerman (I had an Yzerman, it has more of a twist at the toe), but is also fairly close to the Coffey. I am a Coffey pattern user in both all-wood sticks and in the shaft/blade. I would like to see Sher-Wood come out with a good composite in the Coffey pattern (at least in my city, you can't find such a thing).

Anyone else find it strange that a great stick manufacture like Sher-wood doesn't make a one piece composite? This was a company that not to long ago was the top manufacture of sticks in the NHL. They were even behind the curve (no pun intended) when the whole shaft/blade combo hit the market. We are what like 5 years into the whole one piece composite thing and Sher-wood has yet to make something comparable.

I used to love my PMP 5030. They still make a hell of a blade though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad