One of the dirtiest hits

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Nasty. That's the kind of hit to expect to only see in a movie or something. NHL should make a video of nasty stuff that happens in the KHL and send it to all their players once a month as a reminder :P

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Brutal hit and brutal flop before the hit.

It was a flop, no doubt... So give him 2 mins for diving, don't elbow his head into the boards.

Imagine if someone did that to Crosby after he flops (Detroit final comes to mind), NHL would explode.

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
It was a flop, no doubt... So give him 2 mins for diving, don't elbow his head into the boards.

Imagine if someone did that to Crosby after he flops (Detroit final comes to mind), NHL would explode.

I certainly wasn't trying to justify the hit by any means

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
A good reason to regeret about the absence of enforcers and real fights in the KHL. D-bags like Panin feel way too safe.

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
agreed 1 year suspension. In football they would probably also fine the team for that.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
not over yet

http://en.khl.ru/news/2013/10/18/25527.html

Due to the serious nature of the offense, the Kontinental Hockey League has announced it will investigate the incident further with a view to examining the possibility of taking additional disciplinary measures.

Additional measures: 2,5 Mil Rubles fine = around 74K USD. Quite significant to a 3rd pairing guy's contract.

Most important part will be what the team will do about it. We have a history of punishing guys internally with some unconventional flair to it.

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
Additional measures: 2,5 Mil Rubles fine = around 74K USD. Quite significant to a 3rd pairing guy's contract.

Most important part will be what the team will do about it. We have a history of punishing guys internally with some unconventional flair to it.

that's probably because he won't be paid for those 11 games...

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
Think it would be best that Panin stays at home when his team comes to Zagreb... Also some say that coach French does not allow too many fights...because when Medvescak entered KHL there were comments how north american players only know to fight instead of playing good hockey...

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
i dont think French really cares about such comments lol or probably even read them. i think its just his style to keep them cool headed and have a clean game.

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
Yes...surely French doesn't read this forum.... I'm talking about what Mićo&Dado were saying when commenting first few matches on hrt...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad