One Major Junior League

Canucks21

Feb 24, 2015
Canada
I was listening to an interview yesterday from Gilles Courteau and in the interview he mention the possibility to eventually merge all 3 major junior league to form 1. I was wondering if it would work to have all 3 leagues in one

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Maybe someday in the future if they get a bigger TV contract than they do today. They could do like baseball and have inter-league play with the travel funded centrally. It might fit in with the rumours of a new format for the Memorial Cup.

The CHL was pretty quick to sign up with Rogers for the long term. I had been hoping that TSN could turn its loss of NHL hockey into a win for the CHL but that didn't happen. Sportsnet does a good job with the CHL but there could be a lot more done I believe.

Canucks21

Feb 24, 2015
Canada
Maybe someday in the future if they get a bigger TV contract than they do today. They could do like baseball and have inter-league play with the travel funded centrally. It might fit in with the rumours of a new format for the Memorial Cup.

The CHL was pretty quick to sign up with Rogers for the long term. I had been hoping that TSN could turn its loss of NHL hockey into a win for the CHL but that didn't happen. Sportsnet does a good job with the CHL but there could be a lot more done I believe.

They do a good job with the OHL and WHL but they almost never show Q games

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
The St. John's Fog Devils shut down partly because they had to help cover the travel expenses for teams getting to and from the island. I can't imagine how larger travel costs could be absorbed by the budgets of any of the teams.

Magic365

Feb 15, 2016
You would move into divisions with promotions like the English Premier League, starting with the bigger market/draw teams up top

Div 1 - Halifax, Quebec, London, Etc

Div 2- Moncton, Saint John etc

Div 3- The Bathurst's of the world.

Canucks21

Feb 24, 2015
Canada
You would move into divisions with promotions like the English Premier League, starting with the bigger market/draw teams up top

Div 1 - Halifax, Quebec, London, Etc

Div 2- Moncton, Saint John etc

Div 3- The Bathurst's of the world.

1. Travel would cost too much.
2. The CHL is a development league and with that system teams would try to be or stay in that Division 1 by trying to be good everyyear instead of developing players... basically what the Wildcats are doing now but even worse
3. Moncton would be in the 3rd division and Bathurst be around for this

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
I hate the idea, but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing the return of a handful of QMJHL/OHL inter-league games. Ideally, it would change every year, and we wouldn't end up stuck exclusively playing Ottawa.

Victo used to play Belleville, Val-d'Or North Bay, Rouyn-Noranda Sudbury, and Montreal Toronto. I think they're were a few other pairs.

There's no reason why the Québec teams couldn't play a home & home or two against the eastern Ontario teams. I'm hoping for Olympiques/Petes and Olympiques/Fronts matchups one day.

One home and home with an OHL team would also normalise the schedule matrix for the Québec teams. 3&3, 2&2, 1&1, 1&1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad