One last chance to lament the Chicago series

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I know it's only a few hours until game time and I want to get all the bad feeling out before the season starts.

Losing that Chicago series still stings. In Game 6, the Bruins completely dominated and blew a chance at Game 7.

For me though, they could have had a stranglehold in Game 4. The Bruins came back from a bunch of deficits in that one and and had all the momentum when they got this glorious chance.

7ncjL.gif

Look how badly Crawford is playing it. If Kelly would have fed it over to Seguin, he would have buried it and the Bruins would have been up 3-1 in the series.

The Bruins gave everything they had in that game, Seabrook scored in OT then the Bruins lost focus in Game 5 and played terribly.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
I know it's only a few hours until game time and I want to get all the bad feeling out before the season starts.

Losing that Chicago series still stings. In Game 6, the Bruins completely dominated and blew a chance at Game 7.

For me though, they could have had a stranglehold in Game 4. The Bruins came back from a bunch of deficits in that one and and had all the momentum when they got this glorious chance.

7ncjL.gif

Look how badly Crawford is playing it. If Kelly would have fed it over to Seguin, he would have buried it and the Bruins would have been up 3-1 in the series.

The Bruins gave everything they had in that game, Seabrook scored in OT then the Bruins lost focus in Game 5 and played terribly.

Seguin scored once on 70 shots, what makes you think he would of buried it?

Move on bud, it's a new season!

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I hope it still stings for the Bruins as much as it does for me. Would love it if they came out super hungry this year and rolled to the cup.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
I don't need to lament.

I just found acceptance. I had not seen a SINGLE highlight of the Hawks post game celebration, hadn't even seen Toews hoist the Cup. I accidentally saw the hoisting in a commercial. That's when I found acceptance.

Time to move on. It's opening night of a new season. Let's roll.

member 96824

Dont count on a wide open net leading to a goal. Right chris kelly?

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
It was hard for sure.
But it wasn't as hard as a loss against the Canucks would have been.
Having won the cup 2 years ago made it much easier for me to handle that loss.

Yeah, we could have won each OT-game. We could have won the series 4-2 instead of them. It was a very close call.

We can be proud of this team. We made a huge comeback against the Leafs and we manhandled the arrogant Pens. 2 goals against in one series ...

Great playoffs. Hopefully again this season. Looking forward for tonight's game.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
We have had the chance to see the Bruins in the cup finals twice in the past three years. We won one and lost one.

I am pretty freakin happy with that considering what I had to watch for the decade or so prior.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
We have had the chance to see the Bruins in the cup finals twice in the past three years. We won one and lost one.

I am pretty freakin happy with that considering what I had to watch for the decade or so prior.

Exactly.

It was still a great season and they gave it everything they had.

It's nice to be proud to be a Bruins fan.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Let.It.Go-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o........

Losing game 4 was the turning point. I do think for the most part the Bruins gave it everything they had.I am not sure if they could have done anything differently.Chicago was the best team ALL year long and played hard in just about every game they played while the Bruins had a so so shortened regular season.Chicago deserved the Cup.Time to move on.

aic90

Jul 19, 2005
Selfishly speaking, one of my biggest laments is not getting the Stanley Cup DVD. Beyond winning the cup it would have been so nice to have an official DVD to commemorate the miraculous comeback against the Leafs, the manhandling of the Rangers and the complete evisceration of the Pens...

Bruinsforlife89

Jun 17, 2011
Selfishly speaking, one of my biggest laments is not getting the Stanley Cup DVD. Beyond winning the cup it would have been so nice to have an official DVD to commemorate the miraculous comeback against the Leafs, the manhandling of the Rangers and the complete evisceration of the Pens...

Was a storybook until the Chicago series. :/

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
It could have ended worse, like say a too many men penalty.
It's part of being a fan, the highs, the lows.
And for me, the highs of late have been long overdue and greatly appreciated.
Like the sun rising in the morning, there is the next game, the next season.
Let's go B's!

ronwm

Aug 4, 2010
(South of) Boston
Honestly, the loss didn't bother me that much.

Chicago was a charmed team from the start of the season. Bruins had their ups and downs (as usual) and kept plugging away. For me Game 7 against Toronto and whipping the Penguins like they did kept me pretty satisfied even after Kane carried the cup around the ice. I just couldn't get myself worked up over the loss....and I keep feeling as if the loss will fuel the boys to get it this year. I'm betting it will give them the same determination that losing to the Flyers did the year before the won the cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad