OT: One if the Craziest Stats I've Ever Found

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
On February 26th, 2008 22 year old David Krejci scored his first NHL goal after scoring 12 assists before recording his first goal. He was called upon to replace 1st line center Marc Savard. It was his 36th NHL game.

On February 27th, 2015 23 year old Ryan Spooner scored his first NHL goal after scoring 12 assists before recording his first NHL goal. He was called upon to replace 1st line center David Krejci. It was his 35th NHL game.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Thanks for digging this up. Personally I love stuff like this.

Let's hope that 7 years from now, Spooner can be looked at the same way we do Krejci today.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Let's hope that 7 years from now, Spooner can be looked at the same way we do Krejci today.

That would be crazy to see. As soon as Spooner took over the first line duties I started doing comparison research.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
That's crazy.

I could see him having a similar career progression as Krejci, just a poor man's Krejci. Has worked his tail off in the AHL until he had nothing to learn there anymore, hopefully this chance is what he needs to run with it.

Very nice pickup, though.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010

If he becomes a 2 times playoff scoring leader I'd certainly take it.

His AHL productionI think is pretty similar to Krejci to. Won't be as good in his own end but he clearly has the potential to be in Krejci's neighborhood offensively. Shouldn't trade him, work with him.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
Other guys who scored their first goal at 22/23 (not all here though) after being decently high draft picks:

Martins Karsums
Petteri Nokelainen
Matt Lashoff
Jordan Caron (actually a little younger)
Chris Bourque
Dogman
Josh Hennessy

It's kinda cool, but just because it's a similar date to Krejci's first goal doesn't mean anything.

But, hey, he's ahead of Hamill now.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Other guys who scored their first goal at 22/23 (not all here though) after being decently high draft picks:

Martins Karsums
Petteri Nokelainen
Matt Lashoff
Jordan Caron (actually a little younger)
Chris Bourque
Dogman
Josh Hennessy

It's kinda cool, but just because it's a similar date to Krejci's first goal doesn't mean anything.

But, hey, he's ahead of Hamill now.

It was also within one game of total NHL games played.
It was also after scoring 12 assists without a goal.

But hey, you sound like a real glass half full kind of poster so whatever works for you. Glad you pointed out NHL players that scored when they were 22-23. :sarcasm:

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
How bizzare?! I'm really hoping Chiarelli hangs onto Spooner, kid has obvious talent. Detroit doesn't start playing their kids regularly until 22,23,24 yrs old. Especially if Söderberg looks to cash in this summer. I don't want to see Kelly centering the 3rd line again...ever

Good find.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
How bizzare?! I'm really hoping Chiarelli hangs onto Spooner, kid has obvious talent. Detroit doesn't start playing their kids regularly until 22,23,24 yrs old. Especially if Söderberg looks to cash in this summer. I don't want to see Kelly centering the 3rd line again...ever

Good find.

Thanks.

First I thought it was cool that he scored the goal a day after Krejci (Bruins didn't play yesterday so this was as close as possible). Then I saw that both had the same amount of assists before their first goal. Finally, added up the games played. Too crazy of a coincidence.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Thanks.

First I thought it was cool that he scored the goal a day after Krejci (Bruins didn't play yesterday so this was as close as possible). Then I saw that both had the same amount of assists before their first goal. Finally, added up the games played. Too crazy of a coincidence.

Somebody should contact Spooner and let him know this info :laugh: I bet it'd help his confidence!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
On February 26th, 2008 22 year old David Krejci scored his first NHL goal after scoring 12 assists before recording his first goal. He was called upon to replace 1st line center Marc Savard. It was his 36th NHL game.

On February 27th, 2015 23 year old Ryan Spooner scored his first NHL goal after scoring 12 assists before recording his first NHL goal. He was called upon to replace 1st line center David Krejci. It was his 35th NHL game.

shut the front door:laugh:

William Shatner`s Weird or What, I am sure, has called the B`s front office to share this story

Nice find Coach!!

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston

But hey, you sound like a real glass half full kind of poster so whatever works for you. Glad you pointed out NHL players that scored when they were 22-23. :sarcasm:

Huh. First time someone's every implied on a glass half empty guy on here.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
So what this means is that Krejci will get a concussion and end up like Savard. #ThanksObama

flooredaccord

Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad