One game on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Yep, The Boxing live funeral starts at 7 on Saturday, and can be seen for the low, low price of $94.99.

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Probably, but I assume said fans want them to actually play in their home arena which doesn't appear to be possible for anyone but New York

I get that there are specific arena commitments this Saturday, but it was more in general. The NHL is always light on games on Mondays nights and Super Bowl Sunday, and they've been known to yield to other big events as well.

Thepainter

Feb 9, 2010
Bay Area, California
It's cute to see hockey fans think people would rather watch a round 2 playoff game of the country's 5-6th most popular sport, right ahead of MLS, rather than one the biggest boxing matches ever.

The fight will generate more money, will have more viewers, and will be remembered a lot more than this entire playoff.

Get over it... NHL is right to schedule the lone afternoon game.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I mean, the fight isn't gunna go off until at least 11 PM.

Could easily watch playoff hockey then go onto the fight, unless you care about the undercard that much.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
I mean you could watch that stupid boxing match, where men with negative IQs punch each other in the face, or you could watch hockey, where men punch each other in the face AND play an actual sport. Your country doesn't make sense to me, get your priorities straight... :laugh:

BoWmEn

Canadian Rangers Fan
Mar 10, 2012
Ontario
Anyone also notice every team but Canadian located teams have had to play afternoon game(s)? (And the Ducks who have to play 2 of them) It happens.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah, it's a big fight but I'd rather watch hockey than boxing and many others would as well.

Sure you would.

And I'm sure 90% of the posters on here would feel the same way.

The NHL has to look at it from a different approach though. Obviously the hardcore hockey fans like ourselves would rather hockey, but the casual hockey fans or casual sports fans in general would all certainly rather watch the fight than watch game 1 of the 2nd round of playoffs between 2 teams they dont even really care about.

The NHL definitely made the right choice here. Easy business decision.

Big Guy

Aug 1, 2013
I mean you could watch that stupid boxing match, where men with negative IQs punch each other in the face, or you could watch hockey, where men punch each other in the face AND play an actual sport. Your country doesn't make sense to me, get your priorities straight... :laugh:

These are two extremely intelligent athletes practicing one of the hardest sports...

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Anyone also notice every team but Canadian located teams have had to play afternoon game(s)? (And the Ducks who have to play 2 of them) It happens.

That's because we Canadians lose our minds over matinees. We nearly rioted when the Habs had an ECF game on a Saturday afternoon last year :laugh:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Fight wouldn't directly conflict with anything but a late west coast game (big fights usually start around 11:30 to 12 eastern). Probably for the best that the nhl isn't going against the Fight, Derby and Spurs-Clips game 7, plus it will make for a good Sunday.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Why was there only one game played today?

Does anyone know the reason why the NHL only scheduled the Rangers-Capitals for today and no other games today? I know the Kentucky Derby is happening later on and it's the reason why NBC wanted the Rangers-Capitals to start at 12:30 PM EST. Still I wonder was the Honda Center in Anaheim not available for tonight and why Game 2 with the Ducks-Flames is tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad