One game on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdubs

Sep 12, 2012
With the Mayweather fight and the Kentucky derby it's probably a good thing

joystick

Feb 24, 2015
If the May-Pac fight happened 4/5 years. They likely even would've had to move a game 7 of the Stanley Cup final.

Big Guy

Aug 1, 2013
Stupid if its because of the fight. It won't be on until later anyway.

Most overhyped fight of the century.

It may be 7-8 years too late but it's still the biggest fight in years and possibly the last great bout. Come on.

Meowmix

Apr 10, 2015
the Netherlands
No Flames-Ducks hockey on friday or saturday really sucks as a European fan. Those are the only games I can watch live without being a zombie at work the next day. :P

Zero Requiem

Only death is eternal
Jul 3, 2014
People actually care about that overhyped fight? If it was Mayweather vs Klitschko i would watch :D

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Bingo.

It's the fight of the century. They're smart not to have any games Saturday night.

I'd like to see the NHL stop scheduling around other events. I'm sure there are 18,500 fans in most NHL cities who don't care about boxing, or the Super Bowl, or the American Idol finale, and will show up to a game. The league needs to stop worrying about competing events and make other events compete with them.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I'd like to see the NHL stop scheduling around other events. I'm sure there are 18,500 fans in most NHL cities who don't care about boxing, or the Super Bowl, or the American Idol finale, and will show up to a game. The league needs to stop worrying about competing events and make other events compete with them.

Probably, but I assume said fans want them to actually play in their home arena which doesn't appear to be possible for anyone but New York

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Also I mean the boxing match is at 11 EST, if there was arena availability there would be no issue with a 7 PM game

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Also I mean the boxing match is at 11 EST, if there was arena availability there would be no issue with a 7 PM game

Exactly. And 11 EST is best case. Probably later.

No reason the Rangers-Caps game couldn't have been 7. They already bumped the Clapton concert, and the Derby is over by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->