One For The Ages

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
The only goal of his I rate higher is the OT goal vs Chicago in Game 3 in 2010... and that's just due to the importance.

Unbelievable.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I was there and even from the 200 level I screamed "HOLY ****!" As soon as I saw it over McElhinney's shoulder. Not entirely sure Giroux was doing anything other than trying to get the puck on net, but a beautiful goal nonetheless.

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Wasn't there a game against the Penguins a few years back where the flyers came back from a four goal deficit entering the third period and they came back and won it in OT or a shootout?

That's the only other middle of the regular season game comeback I can remember that was better than this one.

Muddy Wilbury

Flyers Fan in Ottawa
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, ON.
Wasn't there a game against the Penguins a few years back where the flyers came back from a four goal deficit entering the third period and they came back and won it in OT or a shootout?

That's the only other middle of the regular season game comeback I can remember that was better than this one.

I seem to remember them coming back from a 5-0 deficit against the Canes a few years back...pretty sure they pocketed 5 in the 3rd?:dunno:

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
I seem to remember them coming back from a 5-0 deficit against the Canes a few years back...pretty sure they pocketed 5 in the 3rd?:dunno:

I guess you mean the game where it was 5-1 for the Canes after 2 periods at WFC.

Philly stormed back and won the game 6-5 via the penalty shot circus.

Hartnell had a hatty ...

Nitty stopped both of their shooters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad