One bad/missed call that you will always remember

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Winnipeg arena. 1979. Jets tied 1-1 with Bruins. Bruins on a 2 on 1. High rebound and Wayne Cashman reaches up above his head and throws the puck into the net. Good goal.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Duchene offsides for me; not a super important game (though we lost by 1), just an absolutely mindboggling call:

PDUASDKDSKADS.jpg

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Blackhawks ice the puck then the ref calls for TV time out in 2011 playoffs, game 6, overtime

Reactions: Smasher

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Nash takes Price out of the net and its a good goal.
Refs judged it wasnt goaltender interference...

So many times a goal comes back because a player slightly touched the goalie, but not this one. Nash just took Price completely out of the net. No biggie...

Reactions: jfhabs

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
Duchene offsides for me; not a super important game (though we lost by 1), just an absolutely mindboggling call:

PDUASDKDSKADS.jpg

We know this play is offside but the Ref probably thought it was the defending team who put the puck back into their zone which would have made it an on-side play...ppl think he didn't see Duchene infront of the play are the real HURRRP DERPs.

That's one on-side rule/scenario that many casual fans don't even know of...

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Crawford mauling Fabbri in the corner for no reason and somehow the Blues end up on the PK. That was one of the worst calls in Blues history. Fabbri was given "goaltender interference" for getting punched in the face by Crawford's blocker. I would have been upset if it was just matching minors and it remained 5 on 5 instead of the Hawks getting the extra penalty, but instead they gave the Blues an extra penalty. I'll never forget Backes' face upon learning his team got the extra minor.

Also, in the third period of a tied game 4 against the Predators, there was a typical after-the-whistle scrum where everyone was pushing each other. I believe Edmundson and McLeod were the guys that started it and so they both got roughing minors, but the refs decided they'd just throw Reaves into the box as well to give the Preds a powerplay when the game was tied in the third period. On the powerplay that the Preds were gifted in a tied third period, they scored to break the third period tie.

It was tied in the third period of game 4 and they gave the Blues two penalties after the whistle for being in a shoving match with some Preds players.

Last edited:

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
The holding non-call when Coyle tried to score an empty netter against Avs in 2014 playoffs. It's not as bad as some others here but the way it influenced the outcome of an important game made it the most infuriating call I've personally seen.

Time stamp around 8:30

SC2GM

May 16, 2016
edit: and this one

This cost me a lot of money. Only with my luck would everything be reviewable, except this. Nothing about it makes sense. Not real life. No way anyone can miss it went out of play, to begin with. Dumbest thing I've ever seen in hockey. How this play even happens in the first place has to be like 1 in infinity...

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
I was born in 93 so didn't see the WCF high stick but we no doubt got screwed in game 5 of the semi's against Ottawa

We won the series so it didn't really matter

when this happened my sister was just starting to date the guy she's married to now, he lived in some dump with his buds where they had a big multi-page raster printout of Tucker on the ice on their wall. It's easy to forget these days how much these teams/fan bases hated each other back then.

also man what is Kaberle doing on that play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad