Player Discussion Ondřej Kaše Appreciation Thread

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Kase`s ice time in last 2:

15:16 (4 SOG)
14:44 (1 SOG)

Cool to see him having an increased role and judging by the stat sheet, he`s at least helding his own out there.

Watching the highlights of last nights game, Kase took the puck from the Kings in the neutral zone, then dumped it in quickly and applied the pressure on Doughty (with Getz helping) which lead to an uncleared puck which Ritchie took and dumped forward along the boards and then Getz took it away and was his vintage self with a fantastic pass to Manson. To me, Kase played much larger role than Ritchie in that goal, who was credited with an assist

It still bothers me that anouncers call him Kasha instead of Kashe though.

He's an easy player to root for. I'm not surprised he gets in Randy's dog house though. He made several defensive errors last night. That said, very hard worker and has some skill. Clearly an NHL talent. Thought he was solid last night, but Getzlaf being on a mission is what had that line humming.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He`s a spark plug with some offensive game in him. Don`t see a comparison with Bones and to be compered to Cogs you have to be REALLY fast, but Kase is only pretty fast player :laugh:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Needs to get stronger and learn how to finish and he will be a very good player. He already looks much better on Getzys wing than Perry has all year.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Pretty remarkable season he's having to be quite honest.

Will be interesting to see where he maxes out offensively.

I think if he gets more of an opportunity with Getzlaf next year he can put up 40-45 points

The speed with the puck he's showing is something few players on our team have

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
He's actually got some vision and playmaking skills as well. Ritchie-Getzlaf-Kase could be a nice line next year if Kase could bulk up some to play the cycle game a little more effectively. Sets Ritchie up in a sniper's role where he can utilize his powerful shot a bit more.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Definitely needs to get stronger. Could become a real solid player in a year or two.

Not sure I agree with people saying he's fast (in terms of skating). He's got decent speed, but I don't see him out-skating anybody Cogliano-style. He's shifty though, I'll give him that.

eternalbedhead

Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Definitely needs to get stronger. Could become a real solid player in a year or two.

Not sure I agree with people saying he's fast (in terms of skating). He's got decent speed, but I don't see him out-skating anybody Cogliano-style. He's shifty though, I'll give him that.
His straight-line speed isn't Cogliano's level, but he's a well-rounded skater with no true deficiencies. Solid speed, acceleration, and very good shiftiness and agility. His balance isn't all that bad for someone who could definitely use a bulking up. He's no elite skater, but he's definitely not bad there.

He works hard and he's got a solid offensive skillset. Definitely needs to add strength, but that's the only real concern with him going forward. Hard-working and hockey smarts is a good combination to build with, and that's something Kase has in spades. I do think he'd benefit a lot more from a different system that's not so much crash-and-bang, but he's looking to be a solid player. Just needs to bulk it up.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Was most impressed by his board play tonight, especially in the defensive zone doing the little gritty things to get pucks out of the zone while being along the boards.

eternalbedhead

Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Plays ballsy, has a solid motor, and has a surprising amount of vision and offensive awareness to him. Definitely needs to bulk up to get better in the corners and to win some more board battles, but he's been great. Hopefully he continues trending upwards -- he's certainly got the skillset to do so.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He was great tonight, the little engine that could. He has gotten much better at slowing the play down, more poise.

Reactions: Magnus the Duck

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Good to hear, we need him to be better this season. But also sounded like he has put a lot work in this offseason, I think there was an article by Shohara.

Also, that was a nice wrister there

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Would honestly love to try kase with silf and kesler once kes is back. I just think he would fit so well with either of our top 2 centers that we could bump someone down and have better depth

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
He looked good out there, seemed quite a bit stronger too. Hopefully he takes a step forward this year, as he might end up seeing a fair bit of time on higher lines when Eaves is injured for the 37th time this season.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Guy is a water bug on the ice hounding the puck wherever it is. As people have mentioned, he seems stronger as well. Going to be an important player for the Ducks...not bad at all for a 7th round pick.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
His biggest criticism from last year was his lack of finish, so seeing him wire that shot home was definitely encouraging.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
He looks to be the natural replacement for Cogs. As much as I would hate to lose Andrew, I don't think we should pay more than 3 mill a year for him and I imagine a team or two will offer closer to 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad