Player Discussion Ondřej Kaše Appreciation Thread

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
With the 205th overall pick the Anaheim Ducks select Ondrej Kase

Future Considerations said:
Kase is a slick, driven, speedy winger who sees the ice well and understands how to impact the game. A natural playmaker who handles the puck well in tight spaces. Has very acute hockey sense and willingness to go to battle with much larger opponents. Size is only ongoing issue. (November 2013)
http://futureconsiderations.ca/playerprofiler/Ondrej-Kase/

Director of European Scouting, Goran Stubb:
"Ondrej is a good mobile skater with speed and acceleration. He's a very good playmaker with excellent puck-handling skills. He needs to bulk up, but he's still a fearless competitor who leads by example."

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Slight winger with good instincts is what I've read.

Eliteprospects:

Kase is a slick, driven, speedy winger who sees the ice well and understands how to impact the game. A natural playmaker who handles the puck well in tight spaces. Has very acute hockey sense and willingness to go to battle with much larger opponents. Size is only ongoing issue. (November 2013)]

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
That explains why it sounded familiar. Why did he fall this far?
I really have no idea. Given his pretty high rating by central scouting I'm shocked no teams took a flier on him sooner.

"Ondrej is a good mobile skater with speed and acceleration. He's a very good playmaker with excellent puck-handling skills. He needs to bulk up, but he's still a fearless competitor who leads by example."

Mar 11, 2013
QC
Surprised to see him go this late, had 7 pts in 37 games (played about 8 mins a game) playing against men this year. Not the biggest guy but very fun to watch.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I really have no idea. Given his pretty high rating by central scouting I'm shocked no teams took a flier on him sooner.

From the highlights, he looks like a guy that could turn into a Cogliano-ish forward.

alex716

Jan 10, 2014
As a Sharks fan, I was hoping on this guy from the 2nd round, so I'm not very amused to see him ending up as a Duck's 7th pick.

I'm happy for him that he got picked at all though. Definately a high potential pick.

wesott11

May 13, 2009
huntington beach,CA
Wow didn't realize he was ranked that high by everyone. I've heard his name several times but never really read into him. I don't see how we couldn't give him a shot. He can spend plenty of time overseas getting used to playing against men before coming over. Kid definitely knows finesse. If he can refine those flashy moves and keep improving those fancy hands ducks may have hit a home run with kase.

(Always draft him in NHL14 also)

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I was just thinking before this draft it's been a long time since we drafted a Czech. It turns out, the Ducks haven't drafted a single Czech as long as I've paid attention to drafts (since 2006). Ladislav Smid seems to be the last one, ten years ago.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah I swear I saw his name in various lists for about 2nd or 3rd round. Wow. This draft is pretty crazy.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I`m very excited about him after watching those highlights. He could become a really good NHL player

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Watching his highlight video, i like the creativity he uses on the faceoffs to try to make scoring chances.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
I asked Corey Pronman on twitter the reason he fell down to us in the 7th and this was his response:

poor physical game, hasn't really ever had a big season.

Leslie Treff

Sep 18, 2005
New York
Or perhaps he dropped because he indicated that he is not coming over to North America any time soon? This is what I heard, but he is at prospect camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->