Pre-Game Talk: On to Calgary Thursday the 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
After that debacle in Edmonton, thing can't really get any worse can they?

I presume Price is starting, but what about that Defense? I thought Schlemko would be better and help but it's not the case. Please Weber hurry back.

And can someone do something about the Power Play? Captain Kirk, are you responsible for this?

Reactions: Forum93

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

I presume Price is starting, but what about that Defense? I thought Schlemko would be better and help but it's not the case. Please Weber hurry back.

And can someone do something about the Power Play? Captain Kirk, are you responsible for this?

Since Weber is injured , Petry is the only top 4 D for Montreal , everyone else is a 3rd pair D at this point. Even with Weber we still have 2 big hole in the top 4.

To change the powerplay maybe let Kotkaniemi play on wave 1 and put a D that will just pass and not shoot and change completely the setup whos god garbage with Petry and Drouin shooting and missing nonstop

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Important game. Yesterday was probably the first game this season where nothing was working. Curious to see how the team will react. The schedule wont be easy the next week and we can't keep being a 500 team like we have been lately cause 3 games over 500 wont be enough at the end of the season. Must start winning more than losing like at the beginning of the season. The worst that could happen is finishing the year as a ~500 team ranked 9th or 10th.

Like i always say you don't evaluate a team or a player when things are working perfectly you evaluate them when things are falling apart.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Pp unit:
Kotkaniemi on Drouin's spot. Petry stays where he is. Domi goes down low. Drouin goes on the right (chucky position). Gallagher stays in front of net.
I wanna see puck movement and more importantly player movement. Make the passes and at the same time skate towards the middle to set up the one timer in the slot. Similar to Lehkonen's goal vs the Rangers in the 2017 playoffs. Try something like that. Be creative.

So something
-----------Gallagher--------Domi
KK---------------------------------Drouin
----------------Petry

The players down low must always stay in movement opening up for passes and screening the goalie. Just cause mayhem and go for rebounds.

Last edited:

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
They can get worse, or not, can't know for sure with this rollercoaster team.
What's certain is their D is megabad, and an older, injury prone Weber will help out a wee bit, far from enough.
I hate to see Muller fall but if he's responsible for this terrible PP for the past few seasons then I think he's gotta go.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
For the pp, use the same strategy that made us succesful last year.

...................Gally
Drouin - Domi - Kotkaniemi
.....................Petry

Both Domi and Kotka are in a shooting position.
Domi can use his wrister from the slot. Its where Patch was last season.
Kotka can use his hard 1-timer. Same spot as Galchenyuk.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
They can get worse, or not, can't know for sure with this rollercoaster team.
What's certain is their D is megabad, and an older, injury prone Weber will help out a wee bit, far from enough.
I hate to see Muller fall but if he's responsible for this terrible PP for the past few seasons then I think he's gotta go.

Ducharme is also responsible for the pp.
And our pp was great last season. I believe since October ~24th, we were top 5 in the pp

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

...................Gally

The problem is with only one player down low all the pressure is stacked on the the top where petry, and drouin struggle with. I dont think KK is ready to be the sniper on chuckys spot. I think drouin has a good under rated shot and with domi down low that wound give more time to our creative players like KK and drouin.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

...................Gally

I suggest we use the same strategy we used in 2012-2013 when we had one of the best PP.

M. X - M. Y - M. Z
Markov - Subban

Oh! Wait! D'Ho!

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
And our pp was great last season. I believe since October ~24th, we were top 5 in the pp
But we no longer have the weapon we did have in Chuckys savage release. Now it's easy to defend since no one has a great release (like chuckys) or slapshot

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The problem is with only one player down low all the pressure is stacked on the the top where petry, and drouin struggle with. I dont think KK is ready to be the sniper on chuckys spot. I think drouin has a good under rated shot and with domi down low that wound give more time to our creative players like KK and drouin.

Drouin has a good wrist shot from the faceoffs circles. His slap shot from the blue line is quite average hough.

There's not much we can do with those dmen on the PP and our forwards are not really guys with great slap shots (or having superior vision à la Markov).

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Drouin has a good wrist shot from the faceoffs circles. His slap shot from the blue line is quite average hough.
Slap shot duties go to Petry. Drouin on his opposite wing is on the right faceoff circle, making him the sniper, and Kk the setup man.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015

I see last season we were in the middle of the pack, just feels like it's been so bad for so long now, Weber will help it for sure.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Not sure Drouin is great at that role either. Anyway he is no Markov that's for sure.
We gotta work with what we have. So saying he isnt great at what he should do isnt any helpful when you dont offer a solution.
The way I see it is that the PP is clearly not working. So getting creative and trying new things wont do any harm unless we start giving up goals against

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I see last season we were in the middle of the pack, just feels like it's been so bad for so long now, Weber will help it for sure.
In it's current form I doubt Weber simply replacing Petry will help much. Sure, his booming shot will go in more often than petry's but we will struggle big time at setting up the PP, just like last year with Weber.
Changes need to happen.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Simple fixes such as putting Kotkaniemi on the first wave is a no brainer, he is already the most creative player and best passer on the team.

Price needs to have a strong showing.

Time to call up Kulak and allow one of the kids some much needed AHL time.

The D is simply below standards

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Calgary and Montreal are pretty even in terms of records, goals for and against as well as play their last 10 games. Could be a statement game for either team.

Habs need a bounce back game and given how atrocious they were the other night, you would expect this to be the case. Flames have a decent home record though and we’re a sub-500 road team, so we’ll see.

Apr 28, 2010
I'd give Danault a chance on PP.

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher - Kotkaniemi - Petry
Drouin - Domi - Shaw - Lehkonen - Rielly

Just stay with the lines + add another forward

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
We gotta work with what we have. So saying he isnt great at what he should do isnt any helpful when you dont offer a solution.
The way I see it is that the PP is clearly not working. So getting creative and trying new things wont do any harm unless we start giving up goals against

Well the solution is to build a better defense. One that can defend and also contribute offensively. That's really a pretty awful defense both side of the ice.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Like to get a win anywhere out there. Weber will help pp and pk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad