Post-Game Talk: On the verge

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

I only had the tolerance to get through half of this before I had to shut off in frustration at Woodward and Bernstein not moving on.

How on earth is this worth 4 mins of interview time? How many times does he have to answer the same question the same way?

Rishaug should know better, he actually played hockey. Pretty clear the rest of the dweebs in there haven't spent a moment of their life on the ice or in any sort of competitive team environment.

Reactions: McDrai

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I only had the tolerance to get through half of this before I had to shut off in frustration at Woodward and Bernstein not moving on.

How on earth is this worth 4 mins of interview time? How many times does he have to answer the same question the same way?

Rishaug should know better, he actually played hockey. Pretty clear the rest of the dweebs in there haven't spent a moment of their life on the ice or in any sort of competitive team environment.
I actually think it is noteworthy because of how it happened, when it happened and the players involved.
You wont get that watching the Kane interview....he was entirely evasive probably because his poor decision making was the reason for the outburst. He is understandably embarrassed.
Just watch the Perry interview.
He basically puts it out there that at this point in the season bad decisions cant be a part of how a team plays.
This IMO was an inside look at what a leader does to get some players around him ready for the playoffs.
I find it fascinating.
The Kane interview revealed nothing. The Perry interview on the other hand is very revealing.

In any event I see it as a huge positive for this team moving forward.
Nothing negative here at all IMO.

Last edited:

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I actually think it is noteworthy because of how it happened, when it happened and the players involved.
You wont get that watching the Kane interview....he was entirely evasive probably because his poor decision making was the reason for the outburst. He is understandably embarrassed.
Just watch the Perry interview.
He basically puts it out there that at this point in the season bad decisions cant be a part of how a team plays.
This IMO was an inside look at what a leader does to get some players around him ready for the playoffs.
I find it fascinating.
The Kane interview revealed nothing. The Perry interview on the other hand is very revealing.

In any event I see it as a huge positive for this team moving forward.
Nothing negative here at all IMO.
Yep. I always thought we were missing a vet who will tell players to unf**k themselves mid game.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
If this wasn't the best interview of the season I don't know what was.

Now Perry needs to get heated with Nurse, Bouchard, Ceci, Kulak, McCleod, Foegele... even Draisaitl and McCaptain.
Well...after witnessing that exchange between Perry and Kane I now have no doubt that things are being tabled when they should be in the room.
This team has lacked accountability and this level of leadership for some time now.
Those days appear to be gone and it is no surprise what so ever that it took a seasoned vet like Perry to take charge.
This IMO is much needed breath of fresh air. :nod:

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Well...after witnessing that exchange between Perry and Kane I now have no doubt that things are being tabled when they should be in the room.
This team has lacked accountability and this level of leadership for some time now.
Those days appear to be gone and it is no surprise what so ever that it took a seasoned vet like Perry to take charge.
This IMO is much needed breath of fresh air. :nod:

I'll almost guarantee that focus on not making stupid puck decisions is a mandate from the coaching staff that might be falling on some deaf ears. Perry is the perfect guy to bridge that message from the coaching staff to his teammates because he might be the only guy in the room with the right combination of experience and stature.

Love McDavid and Leon to death, but they can't be the guys ripping teammates into puck management compliance because they themselves can be poor puck managers (they should have a bit more leeway in this area anyways). Tough to rip into teammates when they might have tried a low % cross ice play the shift before. There hasn't been anyone else in the room with the gravitas to push that message internally, now there is.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Honourable mention to waiving Campbell and bringing up Pickard. Both Pickard and Perry could be season altering moves.
I agree.
Pickard deserves to be mentioned as well. I mean he has some some shaky moments but by and large he has been very steady. He is doing exactly what a backup needs to do and it was especially important for him to step up because Campbell had taken himself out of the equation..

I had a conversation with @harpoon about Picked a few months back and suggested to him that Pickard was a bubble NHL backup.
It looks very much like I am going to have to eat those words.
Happy to do it too. :nod:

Last edited:

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Honourable mention to waiving Campbell and bringing up Pickard. Both Pickard and Perry could be season altering moves.
Pickard has definitely played better than most of us thought he would, but I don’t think I’ll give Holland much credit for that. It was a desperate move we had to make because Campbell shit the bed. All the credit goes to Pickard here.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Pickard has definitely played better than most of us thought he would, but I don’t think I’ll give Holland much credit for that. It was a desperate move we had to make because Campbell shit the bed. All the credit goes to Pickard here.
Pickard has been well above expectations for certain. I think we all believed he was AHL depth only.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad