on the popular topic of jerseys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacK

Sep 18, 2005
Michigan
weren't we supposed to be seeing goalies wearing different jerseys from the rest of the players...? first they said they'd have them from the onset; then they said it'd be a couple weeks because of production delays/color matching.
so... 4 months and about 53 games later, goalies are still in regular uniform. what's the dealio?

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
jacK said:
weren't we supposed to be seeing goalies wearing different jerseys from the rest of the players...? first they said they'd have them from the onset; then they said it'd be a couple weeks because of production delays/color matching.
so... 4 months and about 53 games later, goalies are still in regular uniform. what's the dealio?
Too late in the season. We'll see 'em next year

garry1221

Mar 13, 2003
Walled Lake, Mi
Visit site
futurcorerock said:
Too late in the season. We'll see 'em next year

i hope to hell not. the different color jersey for the goalies is the most pointless gimmick there is. if someone has that much of a problem figuring out which player is the goalie then they've got bigger issues to deal with.

cecilnyr

Jun 28, 2005
They ran into problems making them and then when the goalies tried them out they hated them so they went back and reworked it based on there recommendations and I haven't heard anything about them since.

StevenintheATL

Jun 12, 2004
The ATL!
garry1221 said:
i hope to hell not. the different color jersey for the goalies is the most pointless gimmick there is. if someone has that much of a problem figuring out which player is the goalie then they've got bigger issues to deal with.

I wondered what that position was called..... :D

Steve L said:
Theyre still trying to find enough material to make Gigueres jersey.

What Omar the Tent Maker ran short?

Giving goalies a different color jersey than the rest of the team helps to further along the argument of some folks that hockey is "soccer on ice". I can understand why they do it in soccer, as the goalie isn't wearing a suit of armor like in hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->