On Rielly, Drouin and others at WJC

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I dont think Rielly is ready for the NHL but even if he is I don't why Burke would let Carlyle keep him. That would burn a year off his ELC on a 48 game season where Rielly in all likelihood wont tear it up and wont be a huge difference maker. Maybe Burke knows very well he wont keep Rielly but just wants to keep that a secret for whatever reason.

He doesn't play on a good team, so chances are he'll be available for the Leafs when the playoffs start.

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
I'd like to see more rushing and crushing from Nichushkin.

I dont know if people understand how much potential this kid has. He is the closest thing to lucic in the past couple of drafts. Sure, he cant fight (lucic's bread and butter), but hes a much better skater. Both are big boys with offensive talent that can really steamroll the opposition.

Instead of asking a grinder to develop more offensive potential, why dont we try to get a big hitting skilled player to add some more braun?

x94Galchenyuk94x*

I dont know if people understand how much potential this kid has. He is the closest thing to lucic in the past couple of drafts. Sure, he cant fight (lucic's bread and butter), but hes a much better skater. Both are big boys with offensive talent that can really steamroll the opposition.

Instead of asking a grinder to develop more offensive potential, why dont we try to get a big hitting skilled player to add some more braun?

The next Lucic? You've got the be kidding me.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
I like the Biggs pick, and he WILL play in the NHL in the near future.... but please, there is no such thing as a comparison to Milan Lucic.

Milan Lucic is literally a one in a million case. This was a guy who had 18 points in his draft year in the Dub, and 2 years later, put up better stats in the NHL.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
I like the Biggs pick, and he WILL play in the NHL in the near future.... but please, there is no such thing as a comparison to Milan Lucic.

Milan Lucic is literally a one in a million case. This was a guy who had 18 points in his draft year in the Dub, and 2 years later, put up better stats in the NHL.

I believe they were talking about Valeri Nichushkin, not Biggs.

Also, no one actually compared him to Lucic, he just said he was the player most like Lucic in the past couple of drafts. I haven't seen him play, so I can't give any opinion on that statement's validity, but even if none of the players in the past couple of drafts were anything close to Lucic in any way, shape, or form, one of those players would still be the closest thing to a Lucic out of all the rest just based on logic.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
He was very positive about Drouin in general. Also, his two high picks with the Leafs have been Rielly and Kadri, and his biggest acquisition has been Kessel. Not seeing where you're coming from, really.

The big players he over-rates. Komasarek 5yr, 22.5 million. Offers nothing. Holzer could replace him last year I believe and outplay him, The Komisarek signing burns the team in 2 ways, Salary cap and young roster spot for a kid to develop. Connoly is another big guy, north of 6-1...9.5 over 2 yrs. No effort ever and Connoly has tremendous hands. Doesnt seem to care and that was his reputation and still went after him. I respect Colton Orr, but he should have known that player doesnt exist in the NHL anymore. Colby Armstrong 3 yrs and 9 million. Bought out after 2 yrs and injured all the time. U add all these things together and u cant go after free agents as your right at the cap. They drafted Brad Ross because of a gritty game, lots of talent on the board still. Darcy Tucker comparisons are a stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->