On a scale of 1 to 10, how happy would you be right now if the Leafs were hoisting the cup right now

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Of course. But a part of me would still rather see the city explode with fans in the streets and in the arena. That is huge part of the magic that would never be forgotten. Whether I see that in my lifetime who knows.

Reactions: The Cobra

Mentat

Sep 19, 2020
Why is this even a thread?
What Leaf fan wouldn´t be ECSTATIC if we had just won the Cup?
The current pandemic does not blemish the achievement in the slightest.

Reactions: Cams

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I'm not kidding when I say that it would literally be the happiest moment of my life to date, and would easily still be top5 if I died 80 years from now.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
compared to a regular non covid cup win?

About a 5 compared to a 10. IMO the no audience thing really unmasks pro sports' fandom as battle voyeurism not participation. The athletes look utterly unbothered about the lack of attendees at the event. It has consciously pulled me away from the event and I bet many who scoff at that have unconsciously detached from it.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
When this was announced I feared they were going to win it. I was OK with them not even making the playoffs.

Not a real Cup, IMO

Reactions: The Macho King

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
About a 5 compared to a 10. IMO the no audience thing really unmasks pro sports' fandom as battle voyeurism not participation. The athletes look utterly unbothered about the lack of attendees at the event. It has consciously pulled me away from the event and I bet many who scoff at that have unconsciously detached from it.

Yea.

Playing Tennis makes me happier than watching this unlikable overpaid Leafs team.

I might vote with my cable and cancel it.

It's not that much but my lack of caring seems deep.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
When this was announced I feared they were going to win it. I was OK with them not even making the playoffs.

Not a real Cup, IMO
This is the truest cup to date. Everyone had the same travel and schedule. This was the most fair and truest competition in years, and the most skilled team won.

Last edited:
Reactions: notDatsyuk

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
At first I thought that a win in a Covid season would have an asterisk accompanying the victory because of the situation.

However with the break, and allowing all teams to get healthy as opposed to be limping into the playoffs at the end of long marathon season and even a training camp and a play-in round to ensure the best 16 teams made the playoffs on performance, and not just old Div rules, its made for perhaps the toughest and most rewarding Cup to win.

No injury excuses, travel, scheduling nothing but same equal playing situation for everyone involved.

Its been best on best with some real high level hockey being played throughout and so this would be a very rewarding victory where one could claim not even a world wide pandemic could stop the team.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
This is the truest cup to date. Everyone I’d the same travel and schedule.
Travel and playing tough road games plays a role in determining champions.
Bettman was complimentary of the Bolts , but he had just enough sagaciousness to differentiate this *Cup from regular years.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I thought this was a pretty lame topic, but it is clearly showing that there are a couple of posters with a personal agenda that obviously overrides any fandom.

Or maybe they're just whistling past the graveyard, trying to convince themselves that they don't care, by dismissing the Cup as somehow tainted.

I would have been ecstatic if we had won. A lack of fans and a quiet parade would be only minor disappointments, reducing it from a 10 to a 9.99.

Absolutely valid: well deserved congratulations to Tampa.

Reactions: Cams

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
A cup is a cup but probably 8/10. Super excited but it would be a moment I'd hope I could share with friends and family who are leafs fan or even be in Toronto for the game.

Doesn't take anything away from a win but the celebrations wouldn't be the same

You think people would follow public health guidelines if Leafs won the cup this year? Hell no, I don't think so. There would be a ton of celebrations on the night of for sure.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I just want to clarify this post.
On the 1-10 scale, is 10 the happiest you could be, ever be?
Is 10 so happy you died and couldn’t enjoy it. In which case an 8 might be safer?

And 1, is that not happy at all or just a little happy?

Asking for a friend.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
I figured, with the way Leafs fan luck has been over the last 53 years, this would be the year they pulled it off and then couldn't have the usual form of celebrating with the fans.

I was super happy when the Jays won back to back (92,93). I was over the moon when my Spitfires won back to back Mem Cups (09, 10) (and again in 2017).......when (if?) the Leafs win a Cup again, I will be overwhelmed probably...hope I can enjoy it with my Dad who got to see a few Cups (he is 70 now). I really don't know how I'll react, would love to find out.

Really though, this is a silly question.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
My office overlooks the non-existent parade route, so a 10 would be tough. Plus I would be so angry at main-board suggestions that it wasn't a real win I would have trouble fully savouring it. But still pretty darned happy.

Green

Nov 13, 2019
so you think the players really couldn't care less about the lack of fans? I disagree with that, I am sure the players are happy but I am guessing they would be happier if it was the whole "atmosphere" thing, just watching Kiviranta and Cirelli's series clinching goals, it just did not seem they had the same enthusiasm as past playoff series clinches, especially Game 6 and Game 7 winners, I think if the players are honest they will say this ranks a 7 or 8 on a scale of 1-10 but I am sure everyone on the Lightning are going to say it is a 10

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
so you think the players really couldn't care less about the lack of fans? I disagree with that, I am sure the players are happy but I am guessing they would be happier if it was the whole "atmosphere" thing, just watching Kiviranta and Cirelli's series clinching goals, it just did not seem they had the same enthusiasm as past playoff series clinches, especially Game 6 and Game 7 winners, I think if the players are honest they will say this ranks a 7 or 8 on a scale of 1-10 but I am sure everyone on the Lightning are going to say it is a 10

Absolutely.

Leafsguard

Feb 1, 2018
We are Leaf fans so that means 10 out of 10 for about 10 minutes then b*tch till the start of next season that we have the wrong back up goalie!!!!

But seriously if ppl aren't saying millions out of 10 they're not Toronto Maple Leafs fan!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad