OMG! Brodeur hurt?? Luongo playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksheit

Oct 9, 2003
Ft.McMurray
Visit site
Brodeur left the Air Canada Centre with his left hand bandaged yesterday, and reportedly incurred an injury stopping a Slovak shot on Wednesday. Like most of Canada's senior players, Brodeur did not practise yesterday.
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/Sports/2004/09/10/623018.html

also a lil bit of Jbo lov
Although Redden skated yesterday, team officials have not the slightest intention of rushing him, not only to err on the side of caution but also because there is no sense of urgency.

Management has been extremely impressed by the performances of Redden's replacement, Jay Bouwmeester.

There was never any doubt about Bouwmeester's talent.

He was a full-fledged phenom when he was playing junior hockey in Medicine Hat as a 15-year-old, and he was the third overall draft pick in 2002.

But it takes more than talent to excel at this level. It takes poise and maturity, and the coaching staff wasn't sure, since Bouwmeester is only 20, that he would be able to play under the kind of pressure that exists sudden-death elimination games at this level.

Schenn02

Dec 7, 2003
abroad
Visit site
Oh gosh no. I did read in the Star today that MRIs came back NEGATIVE (Thank God) and it's nothing more than a deep bruise. I hope he can play...I pray that he can play!!

Edit: I included the article. I'm not sure if we can post the WHOLE ARTICLE with a link so if not, then a mod please edit it

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...v+w8YO+ILDSLmFxQl+w4SO+INIQ==&tacodalogin=yes

Brodeur ready for Czechs after injury scare
MRI shows wrist wasn't fractured
Bad hip could keep Jagr out of semi

KEN CAMPBELL
SPORTS REPORTER

For a team that has had no tense moments on the ice through its first four games, Team Canada received its first big scare of the World Cup of Hockey yesterday.

Canadian goalie Martin Brodeur, who had skipped practice, left the Air Canada Centre with his left wrist and forearm heavily bandaged to undergo an MRI to determine the extent of the damage. The wrist was injured during Canada's 5-0 win over Slovakia in the semifinal Wednesday night when Brodeur took a long slapshot off his wrist.

According to sources, the MRI result was completely negative for any break and both the coaching and management staff fully expect Brodeur to be in the net tomorrow night when Canada takes on the Czech Republic in a semifinal. Brodeur has a deep bruise and likely won't practise today, but will be ready to play tomorrow night.

The same might not be the case for Czech star Jaromir Jagr, who also skipped practice yesterday and has struggled through the tournament with a hip/abdominal injury. Jagr said he'll decide today whether he can play against Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
Without Brodeur, our confidence will drop a little. I dont think Luongo is ready, he hasnt played enough. Luckily we have the defence to support.
I cant wait for this F'N game baby!!!

Burnaby_Joe*

I think he'll play, but if he doesn't, I'm alright with Luongo or Theodore. :)

Sammy*

Tito_Ortiz said:
I think he'll play, but if he doesn't, I'm alright with Luongo or Theodore. :)
Im allright with those guys too, but I would be a heck of alot more allright if they would have been playing in the last 2 weeks.

chara

Mar 31, 2004
cfrancis said:
Listened to Pierre McGuire this morning on the radio he said it is nothing, Brodeur will be playing, he mishandled a shot in the second period against the Slovaks, it's only a bruise.

No worries

Exactly.The guy would play with a broken leg. He's such a competitor.

Brodeur is like the Gretzky of goaltenders. He's won it all and there's still a fire in his belly to keep winning. When he retires, he will go down as the best netminder to have ever played the game. And he plays for Canada...extra bonus...

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Fortunately Canada could play any of their goalies and have the best goalie in the tournament, so it's not a huge worry. Besides look what Luongo did at the World Championships two years ago. The guy has proven that he can step in and do an outstanding job.

That being said, Marty is a warrior. The guy doesn't even wear a real chest protector for God's sake, just some form of modified shoulder pads with a small stomach guard attached. He'll play.

High flyin' Habs*

chara said:
Exactly.The guy would play with a broken leg. He's such a competitor.

Brodeur is like the Gretzky of goaltenders. He's won it all and there's still a fire in his belly to keep winning. When he retires, he will go down as the best netminder to have ever played the game. And he plays for Canada...extra bonus...

I wouldn't say that Brodeur is the best ever, Roy is.

High flyin' Habs*

Don_Cherry said:
Fortunately Canada could play any of their goalies and have the best goalie in the tournament, so it's not a huge worry. Besides look what Luongo did at the World Championships two years ago. The guy has proven that he can step in and do an outstanding job.

That being said, Marty is a warrior. The guy doesn't even wear a real chest protector for God's sake, just some form of modified shoulder pads with a small stomach guard attached. He'll play.

He'll play but does that mean that he'll be a 100%?? Let's hope so.

Dantonius

Sep 5, 2004
Paradiso
www.repubblica.it
smoothskater said:
I wouldn't say that Brodeur is the best ever, Roy is.

As of now, Roy has accomplished more. But Brodeur just turned 32 and already has the Cups and 400+ wins to his name--and people seem to forget that.

And no, I don't want to start a debate.

Bloody Sabbath

Feb 29, 2004
Toronto, Canada
It sucks to not have Brodeur, but Theo and Luongo are still better than any other goalie in the tournament anyway. I'm not worried. It's not like we're not stuck with a Salo or Tellqvist. (poor Sweden)

ZadorovNJD*

When was the last time Brodeur missed a game due to an injury (excluding the flu)?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
rick_tml89 said:
It sucks to not have Brodeur, but Theo and Luongo are still better than any other goalie in the tournament anyway. I'm not worried. It's not like we're not stuck with a Salo or Tellqvist. (poor Sweden)
Its only a deep bruise....Brodeur is playing.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I don't want Brodeur to play because on this team, any goalie could win. I want Luongo to play so people can see how good he really is, and to not think Brodeur is head and shoulders above every one else. Given time, Luongo may prove to be the better goalie. I want LUONGO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad