Olympics 2021

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Batista subs are ponce who is trash. A RB just because a holding midfield and a random cm.

looool

game over

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nice save on that pen by Müller.

Things looked better after Kuntz dropped Stach into a back 3, but that Pieper-Henrichs axis on the right is just getting shredded. Henrichs has been absolutely awful and Pieper just can't keep up with Richarlison or Cunha.

On the plus side, Amiri looks lively again...I usually like his performances for the NT...and Raum has been active. Uduokhai lost Richarlison on that second goal...or misjudged it & thought Pieper would get in front of the striker...but I'd like to see him with the senior team. Stick Uduokhai & Klostermann on either side of Hummels / Süle / Ginter and our back 3 could cover for one another nicely.

Kruse hasn't been involved enough, but we may not have enough attacking talent in Tokyo to play him deeper.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It always catches me off guard when coaches make the exact changes I think we should make :laugh:

E:
Teuchert on for Henrichs with Richter moving to RWB next?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
:laugh: they recovered after knocking one another to the ground, but OMG Stach & Uduokhai :laugh:

E:
We finally have Kruse drop off a little & he suddenly finds a pocket of space between the lines, interesting...

He's conceded 3 goals, but Müller has had a strong performance.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Man, Raum has really had a great year. Lead BuLi2 in assists, key figure for the U21s at the euros, and now an excellent cross for his first assist at the Olympics.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not a terrible result considering how awful we were for the first 30 minutes & the soft second yellow to Arnold.

The good:
- Müller in goal & with the ball on his foot.
- Amiri & Raum both had good games and gave us something to build around when the team got its s*** together.
- defense looked a lot better in a back 3; Torunarigha & Uduokhai should both be locks to start.
- while Stach looked good as the 3rd CB...though he may be needed in the midfield.
- Max looked good in the 2nd half...when he started dropping between the lines to collect the ball & start doing his thing.
- Happy for Ache, if Jakobs & Dorsch hadn't pulled out after their transfers, he wouldn't even be there.

The bad:
- Arnold was anonymous for much of the match other than picking up two soft cards.
- Maier grew into the game but struggled to make much of an impact; he needs to be better.
- similar story for Richter, looked better in the 2nd half than the 1st, but ultimately a peripheral figure.

The ugly:
- Rough night for Pieper. He really struggled to keep up with Richarlison & Cunha, while give the ball away cheaply.
- Even worse 1st half from Henrichs; who improved in the 2nd half, but still struggled...and I think I'd rather see Richter play RWB, with Henrichs providing depth at outside CB & in the midfield.

When Arnold returns I'm thinking:

Teuchert
Amiri - Kruse
Raum - Arnold - Maier - Richter
'righa - Uduokhai - Stach
Müller​

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Not a terrible result considering how awful we were for the first 30 minutes & the soft second yellow to Arnold.

The good:
- Müller in goal & with the ball on his foot.
- Amiri & Raum both had good games and gave us something to build around when the team got its s*** together.
- defense looked a lot better in a back 3; Torunarigha & Uduokhai should both be locks to start.
- while Stach looked good as the 3rd CB...though he may be needed in the midfield.
- Max looked good in the 2nd half...when he started dropping between the lines to collect the ball & start doing his thing.
- Happy for Ache, if Jakobs & Dorsch hadn't pulled out after their transfers, he wouldn't even be there.

The bad:
- Arnold was anonymous for much of the match other than picking up two soft cards.
- Maier grew into the game but struggled to make much of an impact; he needs to be better.
- similar story for Richter, looked better in the 2nd half than the 1st, but ultimately a peripheral figure.

The ugly:
- Rough night for Pieper. He really struggled to keep up with Richarlison & Cunha, while give the ball away cheaply.
- Even worse 1st half from Henrichs; who improved in the 2nd half, but still struggled...and I think I'd rather see Richter play RWB, with Henrichs providing depth at outside CB & in the midfield.

When Arnold returns I'm thinking:

Teuchert
Amiri - Kruse
Raum - Arnold - Maier - Richter
'righa - Uduokhai - Stach
Müller​

No-one cares about the Olympics...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not trying to be a dick, but you lot are actually watching Olympic football? I tuned into it last summer games and it was dreadful to watch.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I know. It was a joke given cgf made several posts telling me why it's irrelevant that Germany is sending a tiny and crappy squad to the tournament because no-one cares, and yet there he is watching the game and making lengthy posts about it.

About as lengthy as my posts about Bayern's friendly with Köln ;)

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not trying to be a dick, but you lot are actually watching Olympic football? I tuned into it last summer games and it was dreadful to watch.

It's a youth tourney, like other youth tourneys I don't watch for the quality of football. I watch to see these kids in a different environment/context than I see them at their clubs...if kids like Müller, Uduokhai, Torunarigha, Maier, Stach, & Raum weren't on the team, I probably wouldn't be watching.

...though I might just for Kruse :dunno:

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
not really but only because of the time of day it has been on, and I don't really care enough to watch replays

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
its why i stopped betting a long time ago:laugh:

Basketball is the only sport I bet on with the intention of making money & typically come out ahead on.

But that's only because I set firm rules to what kind of bets I make, like: only betting on teams whose last ~5 games I had watched (or at least fastforwarded through), so I know what kind of form they are & how their games tend to play out...waiting until I liked the odds on the line I wanted, knicks games were great for this because our starting PG was the worst player in the rotation and waiting until our coach had to burn his first timeout on subbing Elfrid Payton out, left you with juicier odds than at the start of the game like 75% of the time...and I would cash my bet out when I cleared ~50% of my potential winnings because basketball is full of weird runs & the last few minutes are always chaos.

Which isn't anywhere near as fun as the occasional "this could happen" bet :laugh:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It's a youth tourney, like other youth tourneys I don't watch for the quality of football. I watch to see these kids in a different environment/context than I see them at their clubs...if kids like Müller, Uduokhai, Torunarigha, Maier, Stach, & Raum weren't on the team, I probably wouldn't be watching.

...though I might just for Kruse :dunno:
Which is hilarious because I found myself watching it today lol (Japan vs South Africa). Most definitely boring, but I wouldn't say it was unwatchable. Yeah I get the problems we face on the NA with the time zones, they were all replays as Bluesfan mentioned. I'll probably cheque out more matches when I have free time though.

Reactions: cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad