Denmark: Olympic Qualification

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
The Danish roster is out. This list of 26 players will have to go down to 23:

Goalies:

Frederik Andersen, Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL)
Patrick Galbraith, Krefeld Penguine (DEL)
Sebastian Dahm, Graz 99ers (AUT)
Simon Nielsen, Blue Fox Herning (DEN)

D-men:

Daniel Nielsen, R, Blue Fox Herning (DEN)
Emil Kristensen, R, Linköping HC (SHL)
Jesper B. Jensen, L, Jokerit Helsinki (KHL)
Markus Lauridsen, L, Leksands IF (SHL)
Nicholas B. Jensen, L, Esbjerg Energy (DEN)
Oliver Lauridsen, L, Jokerit Helsinki (KHL)
Philip Larsen, R, Jokerit Helsinki (KHL)/Vancouver Canucks(NHL)?
Stefan Lassen, L, Lahti Pelicans (Liiga)

Forwards:

Frans Nielsen, C, New York Islanders (NHL)
Frederik Storm, LW/RW Malmo Redhawks (SHL)
Jannik Hansen, RW/LW, Vancouver Canucks (NHL)
Lars Eller, C/LW, Montreal Canadiens (NHL)
Mads Christensen, C/W, EHC München (DEL)
Mikkel Bødker, LW/RW, Free Agent (NHL)
Morten Green, C, Rungsted Seier Capital (DEN)
Morten Madsen, LW/C, Hamburg Freezers (???)
Morten Poulsen, LW/RW, Lahti Pelicans (Liiga)
Nichlas Hardt, LW/RW, Malmo Redhawks (SHL)
Nicklas Jensen, RW/LW, Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)
Nikolaj Ehlers, RW/LW, Winnipeg Jets (NHL)
Oliver Bjorkstrand, RW, Lake Erie Monsters (AHL)
Peter Regin, C, Jokerit Helsinki (KHL)

"Notable" omissions:

Jesper Jensen, injured
Julian Jakobsen, presumed injured
Anders H. Poulsen, ?
Matias Lassen, ?
Patrick Bjørkstrand, ?

Letters:
C: Frans Nielsen
A's: Peter Regin, Morten Green

Schedule(IIHF rank - Denmark is at 15):

September 1st at 17:00: vs. Belarus(9)
September 2nd at 13:00: vs. Slovenia(14)
September 4th at 11:00: vs. Poland(22)

http://ishockey.dk/pm-historisk-staerk-dansk-trup-til-ol-kvalifikationen/

Last edited:

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
Schedule is unlucky. Would be better to finish against Belarus after 2 easier matches, but with this roster anything else than Q would be a disaster.

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
Of course! Had the feeling somebody was missing the moment I saw Morten Poulsen's name :laugh:

I'm kinda puzzled that Morten Green is already being handed an A.

Im pretty sure Green will be on the 4th line, no matter what. He has captained the ship for so long with great succes. I think the coach would never leave him out of this. He can still play and has tons of experience. He will not get much TOI though. Maybe in PK?

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
As much as I like him, at last WC he was nowhere near his KHL level of play. At least in the games I watched.

Agree. Morten Poulsen actually took his spot on the third line and send him down to the fourth.
Will explain why Morten Poulsen is on the roster and P. Bjørkstrand isn't.
I'm certain it was a fluke (out-of-form?), since Patrick Bjørkstrand played really well the two former WC (both times top 3 player on team).

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
I am so excited that we finally get to see this team for the first time ever.

If we lose the first game vs Belarus - oh boy. That would really be a party killer. Lets face it - its defenately nok unlikely, but would be a huuge dissapointment.

We simply have to Q for the Olympics. Would be so fun to watch - measure this team vs the best. See if we in our strongest line-up could be a top 8 nation.

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
Getting closer.

Time to discuss lineups

Forward
Mikkel Boedker - Frans Nielsen - Nikolaj Ehlers
Jannick Hansen - Lars Eller - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Nichlas Hardt - Peter Regin - Nicklas Jensen
Frederik Storm - Morten Green - Mads Christensen
Morten Madsen

Oliver Lauridsen - Philip Larsen
Jesper B Jensen - Stefan Lassen
Markus Lauridsen - Daniel Nielsen

Frederik Andersen
Sebastian Dahm

I am not sure about this at all. So many combos possible with this forward group. If we look down the middle I think its pretty locked tho. Karlson handed Morten Green the 'A' and his many years as a loyal hardworking captain will make him the roster spot and push Mads Christensen to the wing.

The wingers are giving me headache in a positive way :) - so many possibilities. I am pretty sure Karlson will play Boedker in the first line and Ehlers is our best winger I would say. Both of them would play on their preferred wing with Frans on center. Im not happy with Boedkers lack of defensive skills but Nikolaj improved a lot in that regard last season in NHL, and Frans is good.

On the second line I think Hansen is a lock and will push Bjorkstrand down to the third line if we prefer Hansen on the right wing. I would really like to give a pure goal scorer like Bjorkstrand the 2R though, so I prefer Hansen playing the second line left wing. One thing worries me a bit about this line, it is pretty solid, but is there enough creativity to create scoring chances to Bjorkstrand?? That might be a problem! We could play Hardt on the 2nd line with Eller and Hansen, and have a deadly third line like this

Nicklas Jensen - Peter Regin - Oliver Bjorkstrand

Regarding blueliners. Maybe Jesper B Jensen and Oliver Lauridsen should switch places ??

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
here is hoping Lars has a damn good reason...

it says family reasons...wonder if it has to do with his kid or wife.

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
Denmark should win this easily if NHLers are released.

NHLers are good to go. Lars Eller is the only one not playing. Things can change though. I think it will be very tough. Belarus will be on home ice and have 15k spectators. They have been in a long training camp. The Danish team will only have one week in camp.

I think it will be very close, but hopefully they make it. Would be fun to see the Danish team for the first time in our best possible lineup against the best

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
NHLers are good to go. Lars Eller is the only one not playing. Things can change though. I think it will be very tough. Belarus will be on home ice and have 15k spectators. They have been in a long training camp. The Danish team will only have one week in camp.

I think it will be very close, but hopefully they make it. Would be fun to see the Danish team for the first time in our best possible lineup against the best

On the other hand, they showed absolutely nothing in the recent WCH in may. I have high hopes that this is ours. I am more affraid of Slovenia with Kopitar to be honest

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad