Olympic hockey squads named by Dec. 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
Men's Olympic rosters will be announced by Dec. 22, the International Ice Hockey Federation announced Thursday at an Olympic meeting. The decision-making will start earlier as national hockey associations must submit a list of candidates to their national Olympic committee by Oct. 24. The list can have unlimited entries but no player can be added after that deadline.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=136410

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
It's hard to see any good reasons for any of these decisions. Apparently the geniuses in charge decided not to play with reduced goalie-equpment too, which looks like an even stranger decision.

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
Lion of the North said:
The decision-making will start earlier as national hockey associations must submit a list of candidates to their national Olympic committee by Oct. 24. The list can have unlimited entries but no player can be added after that deadline.

What the hell is the point of that? The IIHF is stupid. If I were in charge of 'X' Country, I would just throw everyone possible on that candidate list.

In fact, I'd just make a sign-up list on the internet, and let you apply yourself. Let the stupid committee take care of a few hundred thousand names. :p:

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
Brule said:
What the hell is the point of that? The IIHF is stupid. If I were in charge of 'X' Country, I would just throw everyone possible on that candidate list.

In fact, I'd just make a sign-up list on the internet, and let you apply yourself. Let the stupid committee take care of a few hundred thousand names. :p:
I think it's a good thing, it gives us fans a look at what the final team will look like.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
So the NHLPA wanted it a little earlier because they wanted their players to know well ahead of time? Is that the issue? Because thats actually fair, you can't just have guys waiting and waiting.

However, I do wish it could have gone into January, and that they would use the newer goalie equipment, that ones a bit of a head scratcher. :confused:

Lundmark17

Mar 3, 2004
So a country could just submit of a list of every player they can think of (whether they are a legitimate candidate or not) and not have to worry about leaving a guy off. Sounds good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->