Olympic Hockey is Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

sob

Jul 25, 2003
Finland
Visit site
Tuggy said:
Give me the NHL over the Olympics anyday. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed watching the hockey so far but I'd rather see my favorite NHL team win the Stanley Cup then Canada win a gold medal.

Tuggy made a good point here.

As a Finn, I'd take the olympic gold over an other trophy any day. As an Ässät of Pori fan, I'd take them winning the Finnish hockey league, over Finland silver medal at WC any day...

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
tony2532 said:
I found the Olympic hockey very boring so far. Mind you I have mostly seen Canada's games.

It was nothing but trap, trap, trap. It was like watching the NHL 2 years ago.

I have watched most games, and if you judge the tournament by Canadas games, I can understand you. But there have been several well played, fast paced games so far.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Guy Legend said:
NHL games have been far more entertaining to watch.

I do love Olympic hockey, but I agree that this time around the games haven't been as good as we've seen in the past. For all sorts of reasons, the travel, the lack of practice time, the hectic schedule right off the bat, the rules adjustments, the play for some teams has been out of sync. While not terrible, the Olympic games certainly haven't been as eventful as the last month of Bruins games.

Maken*

It depends what kind of hockey you like. I prefer the NHL because of the added physicality involved. If open ice and finesse plays are more up your alley, then you'd prefer the olympics.

Connorrhea

Sep 17, 2005
Olympic hockey is a few round robin games, some against dreadful teams, and one game elimination.

If you had an 82 game schedule, there is no chance in hell of seeing the same hockey played in 2 weeks that you would see from October to April. There wouldn't be as much desperation.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
gozar said:
I have watched most games, and if you judge the tournament by Canadas games, I can understand you. But there have been several well played, fast paced games so far.

Indeed. Some of the best games so far include Russia vs Slovakia, Russia vs. U.S.A, Czech vs. Swiss, Finland vs. U.S.A, Canada vs. Swiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad