Olofsson vs Reinhart

Olofsson or Reinhart

• Total voters

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Agreed, if he was a 6th round pick everyone would be ecstatic. There seems to be a weird inefficiency in hockey where draft pedigree persists longer than expected for things like salary and perceived trade value.

Look at the conversation about Toffoli still - he gets draft round selection mention as part of the return like he isn't already a known commodity.

I wonder what this place would've been like when #2OA Doug Smith was patrolling the Sabres third and fourth lines...

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Look at the conversation about Toffoli still - he gets draft round selection mention as part of the return like he isn't already a known commodity.

I wonder what this place would've been like when #2OA Doug Smith was patrolling the Sabres third and fourth lines...

Probably a similar batch of low lifes trolling about how they would have preferred to just watch the Bisons play, how SHK is a terrible owner.... and replace Brady references with Marino.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I'm going with Reinhart in a celebrity deathmatch. He's a lot bigger than Olofsson, and has experience getting batted around and taking it. He's good with his stick as well. If he can avoid Olofsson shooting things at him quickly, I think he wins.

(for those thinking I'm writing about a real deathmatch, don't take it so literal. I'm talking about the clay fake versions that MTV used to show. Duh...)

Reactions: Chainshot

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Are we talking cage match?
”Jeopardy!” tournament of NHL’ers?

Same contract? Either that means Oloffson is getting WAY overpaid while he is much older, or Reinhart, despite his warts, is on a very cheap contract for what his pedigree dictates. I have to go with Reinhart here. Take him away from Eichel and Reinhart is at least serviceable. Or if he signs for middle dollar he becomes our greatest trade chip.
Now there’s some logic being applied to the apparent false dichotomy of the OP.

Reinhart is a good player, but back in 2014 if everyone knew what this is what he'd turn into there'd be a lot of disappointment.
really? Only behind Draisatl, Pasta, Ehlers in scoring; on par with Larkin, and add in W. Nylander for scoring pace. Every one of those other players (save Draisatl in EDM) have 2x the number of NHL-top-6 forwards on their team rosters that BUF has, even DET.

Plug Reinhart into any of those other teams and his stats would go up. Plug any of those others onto BUF and their stats would go down.

A 1st round redraft with perfect knowledge? I’d most likely want Larkin or Draisatl. But to presume crystal ball disappointment without context of supporting team cast / depth... I don’t see it.

btw, Everyone missed on Brayden Point, and Arvidsson in NASH.

I'm going with Reinhart in a celebrity deathmatch. He's a lot bigger than Olofsson, and has experience getting batted around and taking it. He's good with his stick as well. If he can avoid Olofsson shooting things at him quickly, I think he wins.

(for those thinking I'm writing about a real deathmatch, don't take it so literal. I'm talking about the clay fake versions that MTV used to show. Duh...)
I loved watching those. Macabre humor. The nexus between artistic creativity and pop culture parody.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Its kind of annoying hearing about what Reinhart is going to make or any speculation about what he's going to make in the future until the season is actually over. People keep assuming he's going to be overpaid before the season is even half over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad