WGR: Olofsson running away with his opportunity in Buffalo

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Penalty killers are gonna have their hands full with the threat of Jack's one timer on the left and VO's on the right.

Plus Skinner's shot from the mid-high slot, and Reinhart creating havoc in front, with Dahlin distributing from the blue line. Yeah..If our #1 PP unit isn't killing it, we've got a special teams coaching problem.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Plus Skinner's shot from the mid-high slot, and Reinhart creating havoc in front, with Dahlin distributing from the blue line. Yeah..If our #1 PP unit isn't killing it, we've got a special teams coaching problem.

What I enjoyed seeing during the preseason was one power play where Eichel had it along a side wall. 3 of the opposing team's pk'ers were focused on Eichel, so he simply passed it through them to Olofsson, who buried it.

scorpiorising

May 25, 2011
Wow 60 points? Hell have to stay on the top line to get near that I'd assume. So you think hell be able to stick it out on the first all year?(barring injuries of course)

Abraham de Lacy

I think 50p is a safe bet given his previous trajectory, I also think he might eventually develop into wearing an A along with Reinhart being capos under Capitan Eichel. All three have shown ability to produce on their own, all three seem to have an aura of assertiveness about them as well. They are all about the same age too .. I hope we are looking at the core of Buffalo for many years.

I don't think Skinner has that aura but I might be wrong and either way .. other strong voices in the locker-room are needed and I think VO just has that natural presence about him. Dahlin does not appear to have "it" given the interviews he has done so I would think he is more like Skinner and not a natural leader. Dahlin has expressed several times in Swedish that he would love to be the captain if asked and has worn the A for the junior Tre Kronor team (Silver I think).

But I don't think he has ever said anything interesting or assertive. Comparing assertiveness: .. VO has that both on and off ice .. it's all in a days work for him it seems. That is why I think 50p is a safe bet with a potential upside.

Reactions: 42

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I think 50p is a safe bet given his previous trajectory, I also think he might eventually develop into wearing an A along with Reinhart being capos under Capitan Eichel. All three have shown ability to produce on their own, all three seem to have an aura of assertiveness about them as well. They are all about the same age too .. I hope we are looking at the core of Buffalo for many years.

I don't think Skinner has that aura but I might be wrong and either way .. other strong voices in the locker-room are needed and I think VO just has that natural presence about him. Dahlin does not appear to have "it" given the interviews he has done so I would think he is more like Skinner and not a natural leader. Dahlin has expressed several times in Swedish that he would love to be the captain if asked and has worn the A for the junior Tre Kronor team (Silver I think).

But I don't think he has ever said anything interesting or assertive. Comparing assertiveness: .. VO has that both on and off ice .. it's all in a days work for him it seems. That is why I think 50p is a safe bet with a potential upside.
Disagree, I think Dahlin has quiet, confident leader written all over him. Loved what he said a few weeks ago about how they should make the playoffs this year. I love Olofsson and he seems like a good, mature kid but I haven't seen much talk about him being a high character leader type of player. That would be awesome if he became that.

Reactions: 42

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
O/U on 50 points this year?
Buffalo should be over, unless Eichel and/or Dahlin is out for half the season or more.

Olofsson? Over, barely, if he stays injury-free and gets the PP time. I would expect his ~PPG pace in the AHL and 4 pts in 6 games in the NHL last year translates to 50 pts in a full NHL season, especially if he gets the PP time I expect he will.

I am worried he'll miss a few games here and there by skating into the middle-slot and getting cross-checked / shouldered in the head (although I don't want him to not drive to the slot - his shot is deadly).

Reactions: Ginger Papa and 42

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->