OLN coming back to dishnetwork on Saturday

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
WingedD said:
Don't waste your money on Center Ice if you're looking for playoff games aired on OLN 'cause you won't get them with Dish Net.

It's a sad day when you can watch your team ALL season long, but can't watch 'em in the playoffs. Way to go NHL. :thumbd:

Nah, I was thinking that I needed a seperate package for the playoffs. I was checking the guide and didn't have any games listed, then I went back and sure enough I have a couple of games today.

I'm on the line with Dish and Jade says that they hope to have a deal struck very very soon. Hopefully by Monday night.

penguin91

Aug 2, 2005
I checked the guide today for my dishnetwork and it doesn't show OLN has been added. I hope they do because I have to mob over to my friend's place all the time to watch it now. I was also wondering who actually carries OLN HD?

I am Jack's Fish

penguin91 said:
I checked the guide today for my dishnetwork and it doesn't show OLN has been added. I hope they do because I have to mob over to my friend's place all the time to watch it now. I was also wondering who actually carries OLN HD?

I dont think there is an actual OLN HD channel, but most cable companies will show the HD feeds on a channel called "INHD" which is a partnership between all the cable companies that shows HD feeds from all around. My TWC in Brooklyn will show feeds from MSG, OLN, etc etc on that channel.

DirecTV doesnt have "INHD", but they do pull HD feeds of certain sports and puts in their HD channel area occasionally...

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
Channel 151 is on my guide now, but it shows the dishnetwork logo. Might be some progress.

NYR1724

Jul 6, 2004
New York, New York
Well.. Dish Network customers are left in the dark. If they get a deal done next week I guess i'll say its better late then never, but it sucks that i'll have to leave the comfort of my home to watch the Rangers play tommorow.

iceblue

Jul 30, 2004
Myrtle Beach
I just got off the phone with DISH network and they said OLN wanted an arm and a leg for their services. The service rep siad she would add my name to the list requesting OLN. She siad maybe if enough people complained something would happen.
Yes, it is a sad day when you can watch regular games all season long but not the playoffs.
All I want to know is who is airing the finals? If it's OLN time for me to move back to Canada.

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
leafsfan22 said:
I just got off the phone with DISH network and they said OLN wanted an arm and a leg for their services. The service rep siad she would add my name to the list requesting OLN. She siad maybe if enough people complained something would happen.
Yes, it is a sad day when you can watch regular games all season long but not the playoffs.
All I want to know is who is airing the finals? If it's OLN time for me to move back to Canada.

I spoke to a supervisor yesterday, after I spoke to the customer service person. The supervisor told me that they were in negotiations for a return this week. Maybe she just wanted me off the phone.

joolzie

Sep 24, 2003
Michigan
www.lolabug.com
It's a bummer to have to dump them because it's nifty how they offer multiple feeds for the games on Center Ice, but right now I'd pretty gladly give that up for just one feed of every game. It's probably our own fault for not complaining enough during the season... Didn't seem like such a big deal to miss one or two games a week to OLN back then, though.

Kind of ironic... If we drop Dish now and lose our Center Ice package, switch over to cable so we get OLN and CBC, we'll be missing the Flyers games. I'm not a fan, I don't mind too much, but you'd'a thunk OLN would have made a point to carry the Flyers.

I'm thinking if we can't convince the cable company to do us a favor and give us the playoff Center Ice package for free (don't expect it, but it won't hurt to ask/beg, right?), we'll keep Dish on our main TV until the first two rounds are done, run cable on a secondary TV, then cancel Dish and upgrade the cable for our whole house. Cable will be more expensive, but when I chatted with them about switching they offered to bundle a cable modem in and I called my DSL provider and asked what they could do for me, and they lowered my monthly by $30 and doubled my speed for a year, told me when that expires to call back and see what their new 'specials' are, so I can deal with the difference. Could go to DirecTV, but I doubt we'd be able to run Dish and Direct at the same time, and I'm sort of soured on satellite for now.

Anyone have a better plan? Cos this is really lousy right now. And my team isn't even in the playoffs.

Jay_McClement

Nov 18, 2005
I'd bet DirecTV would be willing to give new customers Center Ice for a couple more weeks in order to get their business. I am calling about it tomorrow and will make a point about that, and that the reason I'm switching is all about NHL playoffs. I want OLN and Center Ice, nothing more.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Quick question y'all...I'm looking at my CI package on DISHNetwork for Monday the 24th and I don't see a single freaking game listed...Of course I haven't had a game on my CI package since Friday night. The only thing I could pick up over the weekend was the NBC feed. Anyone having better luck out there finding anything at all on DishNetwork's CI Package for tonight? Please include the channel numbers you're looking at if you see games listed.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
expatriated_texan said:
Quick question y'all...I'm looking at my CI package on DISHNetwork for Monday the 24th and I don't see a single freaking game listed...Of course I haven't had a game on my CI package since Friday night. The only thing I could pick up over the weekend was the NBC feed. Anyone having better luck out there finding anything at all on DishNetwork's CI Package for tonight?

Judging by your location, I'm not 100% sure how it works in Alaska...do you get Canadian television? All games shown in Canada for today cannot be seen on Center Ice

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
go kim johnsson 514 said:
Judging by your location, I'm not 100% sure how it works in Alaska...do you get Canadian television? All games shown in Canada for today cannot be seen on Center Ice

Naw....No CBC up here. DishNetwork is just so hosed...Can't receive DirectTV either, otherwise I'd jump ship. ComCAST isn't in Alaska either.

Man I can't believe I put up with such a rollar-coaster season for the AVs only to not be able to see a single playoff game. They were supposed to be on NBC Saturday but Anchorage cut the feed at the last minute to show the Devils-NYR game becasue Gomez is a hometown favorite. *LOL* Figures...the AVs finally get screwed by the Devils and it's not even in the finals.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Call your cable provider. If you're not in a market they have to show the game

iceblue

Jul 30, 2004
Myrtle Beach
expatriated_texan said:
Quick question y'all...I'm looking at my CI package on DISHNetwork for Monday the 24th and I don't see a single freaking game listed...Of course I haven't had a game on my CI package since Friday night. The only thing I could pick up over the weekend was the NBC feed. Anyone having better luck out there finding anything at all on DishNetwork's CI Package for tonight? Please include the channel numbers you're looking at if you see games listed.

Welcome neighbor. I live in North Pole Alaska. Yes I have some games on CI today and some have been shown all along. Less than half though. Today you have your choice between the Montreal and Carolina games, and Buffalo and Philly (channels 541-544). Call DISH and ask for OLN. It's the only way we will get all the games.

BTW the Avs game was on CI over the W/E

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Damn am i glad i dumped Dish Network for DirecTV. Not only are they liars they are cheats too. I actually had a credit on my account from some bogus charge they credited before yet when i canceled they never refunded the money to my credit card. I called them up and the supervisor said they dont refund money unless the person asks for it, even if the account has been canceled.

Dish Network can go F themselves and if i was you guys i'd avoid them like the plague.

Deleted member 28548

OLN back in the guide now. Available in the AT180 base package and higher.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
:biglaugh: So after throwing away the whole season OLN settles for the exact same deal they had to begin with... :shakehead

Edit: Just in case you did not know this whole mess was instigated and exacerbated by OLN's desire to have Dishnet air their channel on a cheaper base package. The original agreement was to have it on the AT180 and above. The very first game that was set to be shown was yanked minutes before game time in an effort to force Dishnet to put OLN on a lower cost programming plan.

Last edited:

Kukla

Mar 16, 2003
motown
www.kuklaskorner.com
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. and STAMFORD, Conn. – EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) and its DISH Network™ and OLN today announced a multi-year agreement which restores the channel to DISH Network customers.
“It was important that we negotiated a fair contract, enabling DISH Network to remain a tremendous value for our customers,†said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of Programming. “We understand that this has been a difficult period for our customers, and we thank them for all their patience. We look forward to a long relationship with OLN in which we can provide the network to our customers.â€

http://www.hockeyfights.com/news/52477

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad