OLN coming back to dishnetwork on Saturday

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
I just hope this isn't the crap people were talking about mixing up OLN with the Outdoor channel dishnetwork is adding.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Jay_McClement said:
I'm having a hard time believing this...I don't see any disclaimers on my Dish

Because that was on an FTA, which very few people can see.

You also aren't going to get anything out of a Dish Network rep. They probably were never even told about it if it is true.

adurn

Dec 22, 2003
I think it's true. Dish Network has a channel named "Test" they are broadcasting and lo and behold, it's OLN. But I think only a few people know of its existence as it's only receivable with certain equipment.

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
adurn said:
I think it's true. Dish Network has a channel named "Test" they are broadcasting and lo and behold, it's OLN. But I think only a few people know of its existence as it's only receivable with certain equipment.
What channel is this supposed "test" channel?.....and what equipment would that be?

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Spongebob said:
What channel is this supposed "test" channel?.....and what equipment would that be?

FTA means free to air. Basically, it is Dish Network service without using a regular Dish Network reciever.

The channel was actually added back to the system a month or so ago, but noone can really view it.

I'm not getting my hopes up but it wouldnt surprise me at all to see this happen.

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
NYR1 said:
I talked to a Dish Network represenative. They told me that they did not know anything about OLN coming back.

They don't know anything to be honest. They just have a sheet infront of them and a computer that shows the latest prices. One of them told me that they didn't offer NHL center ice in the begining of the season, so I wouldn't put any stake in it.

Jay_McClement

Nov 18, 2005
I doubt OLN comes back to Dish...It's a shame too because the NHL could use some of their 12 million subscribers to view the playoffs/finals. One would THINK that when NHL signed a contract with OLN, there would be a clause that stated OLN MUST be shown on major satellite/cable companies or else voided. Maybe not though...NHL was pretty desperate for a TV contract.

I am Jack's Fish

Jay_McClement said:
I doubt OLN comes back to Dish...It's a shame too because the NHL could use some of their 12 million subscribers to view the playoffs/finals. One would THINK that when NHL signed a contract with OLN, there would be a clause that stated OLN MUST be shown on major satellite/cable companies or else voided. .

One would have thought that the cable companies wouldn't have held hockey fans hostage by insisting that they pay more to get an upgraded package that they would have stuck OLN in...

Jay_McClement

Nov 18, 2005
I sure hope so...I missed 2 OT games because of this crap

DirecTV is very close to getting a new customer

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I don't care as much about the hockey playoffs(i can get them on other channels) but it will be nice to get the NHL draft

WingedD

Jul 24, 2004
Belmont, CA.
Panic at the Back said:
Couple of things

a) I don't see OLN on channel 151. I heard this rumor before and its not going to happen

b) NHL has a playoff centre ice package? How much?

Don't waste your money on Center Ice if you're looking for playoff games aired on OLN 'cause you won't get them with Dish Net.

It's a sad day when you can watch your team ALL season long, but can't watch 'em in the playoffs. Way to go NHL. :thumbd:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->