OLN Changes Games Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Originally, the February 6th OLN broadcast was to feature the New York Islanders and Tampa Bay Lightning at 7:00 PM. That has been changed to an 8:00 game between the Predators and Stars. It will be a first for OLN, a doubleheader featuring 4 western conference teams.

Feb. 6 OLN Schedule
8:00 Nashville vs. Dallas
10:30 Calgary vs. San Jose

In return, OLN will remove the March 5th broadcast of the Stars and Blackhawks.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Funny thing, this is the 2nd Blackhawks broadcast to be dropped. Originally, OLN was supposed to do Hawks-Blues on the final night of the season, then changed it.

I guess the 2 worst teams in hockey going at it on the final night of the season doesn't do it for people anymore.

gobolt7

Sep 24, 2003
Florida.
Wow, the national broadcast coverage for the defending stanley cup champs this year has been pathetic at best. :shakehead

gobolt7

Sep 24, 2003
Florida.
Stevedude530 said:
Yea well, up until last week, the champ's have been pathetic.

Do you know how many national broadcast Tampa has had/will have at home this year? Zilch, zero, and none. They refused to even show our banner rasing night, like I said, pathetic.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Nobody likes watching the Isles...its not Tampa. I think this is the 2nd time they took an Isles game off (could be wrong though)

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Stevedude530 said:
So? The Devils played like, twice on ESPN nationally after they won in '03.
Yea, well, we're not even played locally

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Revised Monday Scheduled:

7:30 NHL On OLN Pregame Show
8:00 NHL On OLN: Nashville vs. Dallas
10:30 NHL On OLN: Calgary vs. San Jose
1:00 Homecoming: Darren McCarty

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
gobolt7 said:
Do you know how many national broadcast Tampa has had/will have at home this year? Zilch, zero, and none. They refused to even show our banner rasing night, like I said, pathetic.
Tampa not getting any airtime is not true. OLN showed Tampa-Philly on the same night as the 1st super rook meeting fyi. The coverage is nothing new from ESPN's heavily favored to teams that can draw ratings ie big markets. Tampa should have more games on though I agree there, theres been no need to show the Blues more than them this season.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
I have mixed feelings...

First, it's great that the Predators are getting rewarded for their season thus far (along with the Stars too). This is only the Predators second national telecast all year.

However, due to the Dish Network dropping OLN...I can't see the Predators in this big game! I'm hoping to see if I can swing by my uncle's house because he has Comcast, but outside of that...I'm SOL.

Overall, I like the fact that the Predators are getting more national media coverage (again, taking nothing away from the Stars) more than my own personal viewing problems. Now if we can just get on NBC...that way I can watch the game from my own home!

gobolt7

Sep 24, 2003
Florida.
chiefmonarch said:
Tampa not getting any airtime is not true. OLN showed Tampa-Philly on the same night as the 1st super rook meeting fyi. The coverage is nothing new from ESPN's heavily favored to teams that can draw ratings ie big markets. Tampa should have more games on though I agree there, theres been no need to show the Blues more than them this season.

I am not saying they are not getting any air time, I am saying they have had zero national broadcast from the St. Pete Times forum. All their national games have been road games.

Old Hickory

What's wrong with OLN wanting to show the better matchups and attract a larger fan base?

No One

Dec 1, 2003
Staples Center
Visit site
kingsjohn said:
What's wrong with OLN wanting to show the better matchups and attract a larger fan base?
absolutely nothing.

I do like how OLN is tinkering with the schedule this year. Of course, I also enjoy the addition of Western Conference games.

Thrash13

Jan 17, 2006
Lawton, OK
thesandtrap.com
I think it's smart for OLN to show Nashville/Dallas instead of NYI/Tampa. However, I get to see Dallas play all the time locally, so I would rather see NYI/Tampa on OLN and TiVo Dallas/Nashville on my local FSN. :)

I'm not really a big Dallas Stars fan, but they are on every Saturday on NBC it seems. I'm kinda burnt out on them already.

I'm excited to watch Calgary/San Jose though.

AdmiralPred

Jun 9, 2005
Stevedude530 said:
Revised Monday Scheduled:

7:30 NHL On OLN Pregame Show
8:00 NHL On OLN: Nashville vs. Dallas
10:30 NHL On OLN: Calgary vs. San Jose
1:00 Homecoming: Darren McCarty
Again?

Don't get me wrong I really enjoy the special interest stories and the view of and from the players off-the ice side especially when done decently as is the Darren McCarty Homecoming spot. However, it seems OLN has been showing this every week leading into the NHL telecasts.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
UnderratedBrooks44 said:
All I know is if I see the Flyers one more time I'm gonna scream.

The Flyers have been on OLN 5 times. That's 1 less time than the Penguins.

virtuefan1

Nov 13, 2005
Auburn, MA
go kim johnsson 514 said:
The Flyers have been on OLN 5 times. That's 1 less time than the Penguins.

OLN really needs to stop playing the Penguins. The team is terrible and they only reason that there are showing that team is cause of Crosby. Who i think is third in the race for the Calder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->