OLN adds NHL expert Davidson as Lead Analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Emerick and Davidson! Together again!!!!

FOX always had this one right.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
As a Rangers fan I'm pissed off. While I love JD, there's 22 games this season without him calling rangers games. And you know some bum is going to come in to take his place. (fischler--aka, i wont watch games with the sound on) This sucks. I don't even get OLN. I'm going to shoot myself. Wait, the yankees just took the division lead. I'm ok now.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
sk666 said:
OH GOD.... the biggest fking homer ever.....thank god for the MUTE button.....

Davidson is about as far opposite to be a homer as you can get. He even pisses the hell outta me once and awhile because hes so unbaised when he calls a game.

CupDrought67

Aug 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
www.freewebs.com
nyrmessier011 said:
As a Rangers fan I'm pissed off. While I love JD, there's 22 games this season without him calling rangers games. And you know some bum is going to come in to take his place. (fischler--aka, i wont watch games with the sound on) This sucks. I don't even get OLN. I'm going to shoot myself. Wait, the yankees just took the division lead. I'm ok now.

Fischler is theeeee absolute.... WORST!

Deleted member 3032

sk666 said:
OH GOD.... the biggest fking homer ever.....thank god for the MUTE button.....

:dunno: He always seemed unbiased to me, especially considering he was on a local team's broadcast. A real good hiring I say, although I'd think to Ranger fans it may be bittersweet.

Mick Vukota

Feb 4, 2004
Good hire. Davidson used to be an extreme homer who would let his emotions get in the way of the game (I recall him calling Vukota a "jerk" in a telecast), but over the years has become far more objective. I still rather not seem him do Rag games on the network though.

acr*

Dammit. Davidson is so biased, I want to bang my head against the wall listening to him call a game.

JV

Feb 12, 2003
na
Visit site
To me, he's the best in the business. A real mensch, knows the story on the ice and off pretty well, and seldom says anything just for effect, like most brain-addled commentators do.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
There isn't a more respected media guy in hockey than Davidson. :clap:

(I like the other yahoos at HNIC, but they have many more detractors than JD)

coppernblue

Apr 5, 2005
hes not as biased as bob cole or harry neale
dear god
the early game of the double dip on HNIC=horrendous
esp out in edmonton listening to two more members of the leaf nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad