Prospect Info: Olli Juolevi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo57

Jan 28, 2018
Of course you’d go on some diatribe about me.

I genuinely think Sam Bennett is a better player than Jake Virtanen.

maybe put me on ignore if you’re so easily triggered.

if you cant handle facts being presented in a public forum, and have no other response than subjective hullabaloo followed by " you're so easily triggered" ...thats on you.

I wont put you on ignore, your hot takes are too entertaining.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
if you cant handle facts being presented in a public forum, and have no other response than subjective hullabaloo followed by " you're so easily triggered" ...thats on you.

I wont put you on ignore, your hot takes are too entertaining.
You were triggered by my first post so badly that your first foray into this conversation was "of course you'd think that". You were more concerned about me than the topic.

Follow post was talking about me and some supposed "shtick".

Pretty embarassing but expected. Jimbo fans don't like that I don't waive pom poms for him....but at least 3 calder finalists amirite?

Jimbo57

Jan 28, 2018
You were triggered by my first post so badly that your first foray into this conversation was "of course you'd think that". You were more concerned about me than the topic.

Follow post was talking about me and some supposed "shtick".

Pretty embarassing but expected. Jimbo fans don't like that I don't waive pom poms for him....but at least 3 calder finalists amirite?

When you have no facts to backup that Sam Bennett is so much smarter than JV one can only conclude that your obvious bias is directing your conclusion.

You don't like being challenged, when you are you revert to your predictable "pom poms" line and "I am the noble objective analyzer of information here" tripe. It is a shtick....

And you are right soon to be 3 calder finalists without ever picking in the top 4. You dont have to be a member of any imaginary team in here (that you so childishly try to shove people into) to realize that...it must hurt when you spend most of your waking hours in here criticizing the man...

but you are awesome...you dont waive pom poms LOL

lawrence

May 19, 2012
FWIW, I'm not a Benning supporter but let's be fair: Demko is an impact NHL player. DiPietro is an impact AHL player that's tracking to become an NHL goalie in some capacity. Madden is tracking similarly to Gaudette. Hoglander is having good D+1. As is Carson Focht and McDonough.

Not great, but better than you're implying.

I agree with this statement, also not a fan of Benning anymore, but his strengths in my opinion has been his drafting. There are some misses unfortunately but overall I am satisfied and happy overall. There are always hits and misses, happens to most teams. Mcdonough is an overrager actually, Madden, Rathbone ,Hoglander have been good. Demko is one of our best picks, he's a future starter.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
When you have no facts to backup that Sam Bennett is so much smarter than JV one can only conclude that your obvious bias is directing your conclusion.

You don't like being challenged, when you are you revert to your predictable "pom poms" line and "I am the noble objective analyzer of information here" tripe. It is a shtick....

And you are right soon to be 3 calder finalists without ever picking in the top 4. You dont have to be a member of any imaginary team in here (that you so childishly try to shove people into) to realize that...it must hurt when you spend most of your waking hours in here criticizing the man...

but you are awesome...you dont waive pom poms LOL
You seem really upset.

How would I use facts to support that I think he's smarter? PPG being similar doesn't mean both guys think the game similarly. I think he's better, why that upsets you so much I can't figure out. Generally kids who play C can think the game better than Wingers. Virtanen has been a winger his whole life, Bennett was drafted as a Center. Jake has better physical tools though, I'll give him that. It appears my previous posting has triggered you very badly.

I actually love being challenged. You didn't really challenge me, you ranted at me. The underlined shows me you're triggered by my posts.

I can't understand what you mean by the bold. Again, another shot at me. Your rant seems considerably more childish than me thinking Bennett is better than Virtanen. At similar salaries, I'd imagine Bennett is more desired around the league.....he is in my opinion.

Calder Finalists for life.

Jimbo57

Jan 28, 2018
You seem really upset.

How would I use facts to support that I think he's smarter? PPG being similar doesn't mean both guys think the game similarly. I think he's better, why that upsets you so much I can't figure out. Generally kids who play C can think the game better than Wingers. Virtanen has been a winger his whole life, Bennett was drafted as a Center. Jake has better physical tools though, I'll give him that. It appears my previous posting has triggered you very badly.

I actually love being challenged. You didn't really challenge me, you ranted at me. The underlined shows me you're triggered by my posts.

I can't understand what you mean by the bold. Again, another shot at me. Your rant seems considerably more childish than me thinking Bennett is better than Virtanen. At similar salaries, I'd imagine Bennett is more desired around the league.....he is in my opinion.

Calder Finalists for life.

Stop putting yourself on a pedestal pal...I called you out on your unsupported statement "Sam Bennett is a smarter hockey player than Jake Virtanen"...and all you can do is claim that I am triggered. Look at you here with a multi paragraph response - yet I am triggered and you are not. You post in here probably 10 times more than I do.

The bold is a shot at you. You bring up "Jimbo Fans" etc and you constantly try to shove people into that category in order to belittle them. I hope JB gets canned if they fail this season, yet you imply that I am a benning lover (Jimbo Fan) because i dared to challenge you on your unsupported tripe. Why did you even mention Jimbo Fans during a discussion of JV vs SB after all?

This is the exact behaviour that is destroying this board. At the end of the day you have 10-15 guys in here, including you, that have made this third rate forum so divisive. Challenge any of the mob on anything (Sam bennett isnt smarter than JV in this case) and you are automatically a Jimbo Fan who waives pom poms. Bring up 3 calder finalists in a row and you are mocked. Its a juvenile circle jerk.

Mergatroidskittle

Dec 26, 2015
Stop putting yourself on a pedestal pal...I called you out on your unsupported statement "Sam Bennett is a smarter hockey player than Jake Virtanen"...and all you can do is claim that I am triggered. Look at you here with a multi paragraph response - yet I am triggered and you are not. You post in here probably 10 times more than I do.

The bold is a shot at you. You bring up "Jimbo Fans" etc and you constantly try to shove people into that category in order to belittle them. I hope JB gets canned if they fail this season, yet you imply that I am a benning lover (Jimbo Fan) because i dared to challenge you on your unsupported tripe. Why did you even mention Jimbo Fans during a discussion of JV vs SB after all?

This is the exact behaviour that is destroying this board. At the end of the day you have 10-15 guys in here, including you, that have made this third rate forum so divisive. Challenge any of the mob on anything (Sam bennett isnt smarter than JV in this case) and you are automatically a Jimbo Fan who waives pom poms. Bring up 3 calder finalists in a row and you are mocked. Its a juvenile circle jerk.
That’s all that poster ever does when he has no valid support

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018

The behaviour destroying the board is you running in here with responses like you've made.

You clearly responded to original post with preconceptions based on other posts I've made. I think you're being hypocritical if you think 10-15 people in here are ruining this forum, but you coming in here attacking my posts and whining about the state of the board.

You came running in here freakin' out because I prefer Bennett to Virtanen and then went on and on and on about me and you continued it over multiple replies.

Why were the calder finalists mentioned in this Juolevi thread to begin with?

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
That’s all that poster ever does when he has no valid support
I don't know you, have we ever had a discussion? Do you have anything to provide to the ongoing discussion?

You guys make me laugh......the boards are getting ruined, lets post about another poster. Just read a bunch of your posts.....I love that you're calling me out for no valid support or the state of the boards, majority of your posts are calling out people for what they say with no valid support to your stance.

What would you consider valid support for me preferring Bennett over JV?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronning On Empty

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
actually it seems to be about you stating an off topic hot take opinion and refusing to back it up and resorting to insults to cover yourself. do we have a thread for that?
I brought up Virtanen and Bennett? Nah, I just responded to a post about them.

Backing it up? It's an opinion. I think he's better because to me he's smarter on the ice, produces better with worse linemates. Jake's #1 forward linemate in his past two seasons in Bo Horvat by a lot, Bennett's is Makr Jankowski.

Insults? Where were the insults on my behalf?

Cover my behalf? What the fukc are you even on about. I posted one comment about JV vs SB and jimbo came in here talking about a pedestal and a shtick and basically spent 3 or 4 posts talking about the state of the boards.

It's very like you to only see that side of the argument krutov, I can imagine who will "like" you post too.

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
Lost in all the blather about drafting is that they could have traded Olli 2 years ago as I said at the time. It was obvious then he wouldn't work out but still had value unlike now.

Realizing when to cash in your prospects vs clinging to them until they turn to dust is another key skill that Benning lacks.

What do you mean? benning totally cashed in on mccann right?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
how many teams have been this bad for a decade?
Arizona Coyotes...7 years, no playoffs.. and counting
Buffalo Sabres...8 years..no playoffs..and counting
Toronto Maple Leafs had a stretch of 1 playoff appearance in 11 years (2005-16)
Edmonton Oilers...1 playoff appearance on 13 years
New Jersey Devils..1 playoff appearance in 7 years
Florida Panthers...2 playoff appearances in 18 years

Our last playoff appearance was four years ago..

Last edited:

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Whether they know it or not...

Everyone (me included) in here is looking for a fight.

Because winning fights provides that precious dopamine.

And precious dopamine counteracts that disgusting depressing feeling one has right now about this Aquilini-run-into-ground hockey team.

Please fire Benning and let the fans feel better about something because right now blows goats.

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018

Rebuilds are hard. They take a lot longer than most admit. There is a danger a team gets stuck.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003

And none of those had the success of the President's Trophy teams. Their prospect pool was horrendous between 2005 to 20014, in part because they were all in on the peak Sedin years.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

Vancouver...Jethro gets contract extension
Arizona...Maloney fired
Buffalo...Tim Murray fired a couple years ago
Toronto...Nonis canned
Edmonto Oilers...Chiapet canned
New Jersey...Lou moves to Presidency
Florida...multiple GM changes

But when Juolevi gets healthy, he'll play so well that Benning will get another extension. His play will solidfy our blueline and represent a true changing of the guard. Him & Hughes will be unstoppable.

I'll be the first to say it but Juolevi will be a Calder finalist next season. Book it.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Whether they know it or not...

Everyone (me included) in here is looking for a fight.

Because winning fights provides that precious dopamine.

And precious dopamine counteracts that disgusting depressing feeling one has right now about this Aquilini-run-into-ground hockey team.

Please fire Benning and let the fans feel better about something because right now blows goats.

you are wrong! :sarcasm:

Reactions: mathonwy

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Vancouver...Jethro gets contract extension
Arizona...Maloney fired
Buffalo...Tim Murray fired a couple years ago
Toronto...Nonis canned
Edmonto Oilers...Chiapet canned
New Jersey...Lou moves to Presidency
Florida...multiple GM changes

But when Juolevi gets healthy, he'll play so well that Benning will get another extension. His play will solidfy our blueline and represent a true changing of the guard. Him & Hughes will be unstoppable.

I'll be the first to say it but Juolevi will be a Calder finalist next season. Book it.

Since Benning has been hired ..there have been 19 hiring and firings of GMs throughout the league..Yes, many GM's do lose their jobs eventually.(not exactly newsflash material ?)....maybe Benning is still here because he has improved the team?

Juolevi a Calder finalist?..haha..stranger things have happened.

Last edited:

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
You seem really upset.

The behaviour destroying the board is you running in here with responses like you've made.

You guys make me laugh......the boards are getting ruined, lets post about another poster. Just read a bunch of your posts.....I love that you're calling me out for no valid support or the state of the boards, majority of your posts are calling out people for what they say with no valid support to your stance.

What the fukc are you even on about.

You seem really upset. I mean you've been here less than a year and screaming that the board is ruined and the board is being destroyed?

Anyhow. Back to Juolevi, I suppose that hip soreness is quite common result of having to recover from a knee injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad