Prospect Info: Olli Juolevi, Pt. III | Off to Juo-tica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Juolevi will never look good on a bad team. If Vancouver becomes a playoff team or cup contender i could see him being good playing 18-20 minutes a game and on 2nd pp role.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Juolevi will never look good on a bad team. If Vancouver becomes a playoff team or cup contender i could see him being good playing 18-20 minutes a game and on 2nd pp role.

If Tanev can look good on a bad team, why can’t Juolevi?
He will definitely have the opportunity to make the team. We have too many fringe defencemen that he should be able to pass.

desiboyyessir

Nov 2, 2017
Olli please do something. Anything!!!!!! Olli is a bust, just the way Virtanen is. Hear me out before you attack me, the thing is he will never be a top 4 D-man in the NHL. Olli is not that good to begin with, he was over-rated to start with AND it was a poor draft choice by Benning. We will be lucky to have Olli slot into the 5-6 position on this team.

he lacks physical aspect of the game, he is weak on his skates, these are things Benning should of seen before drafting him. Look at that kid on Calgary that is a warrior. Two of the worst picks in the Benning era = Virtanen and Joulevi both will never live up to there hype, and oh yeah the gurbanson trade also. sigh Benning will Benning.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

"Juolevi will never look good on a bad team? I'm curious how 'good' is 'good'? Is that 'Del Zotto good' or 'Pouliot good'? How bad do you have to be to look good compared to those guys?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Olli please do something. Anything!!!!!! Olli is a bust, just the way Virtanen is. Hear me out before you attack me, the thing is he will never be a top 4 D-man in the NHL. Olli is not that good to begin with, he was over-rated to start with AND it was a poor draft choice by Benning. We will be lucky to have Olli slot into the 5-6 position on this team.

he lacks physical aspect of the game, he is weak on his skates, these are things Benning should of seen before drafting him. Look at that kid on Calgary that is a warrior. Two of the worst picks in the Benning era = Virtanen and Joulevi both will never live up to there hype, and oh yeah the gurbanson trade also. sigh Benning will Benning.
This makes no sense

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Getting pretty sour watching 3 more non-Top 5 (not even top-15) picked D-men crack the NHL and not look out of place in Chowlski (2016) Jokiharju (2017) Valimaki (2017).

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Getting pretty sour watching 3 more non-Top 5 (not even top-15) picked D-men crack the NHL and not look out of place in Chowlski (2016) Jokiharju (2017) Valimaki (2017).

Envy is a huge sign of insecurity.

Theres a term for it but its inapporopriate to post here.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
your call. i am quite happy with the simple fact that lidstrom took longer.

He also actually improved year over year, unlike Joulevi. He went from undrafted to late round pick to solid SEL player to really good, to NHL stardom.

Joulevi has not shown this type of trajectory let alone really even solid improvement.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England

:huh:

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
your call. i am quite happy with the simple fact that lidstrom took longer.

Bringing up low probability comparisons is a waste of time. I’m not sure what you are trying to prove other than point out the incredibly obvious point that some prospects don’t develop quickly but still are impact NHL players.

When a goalie prospect struggles to make the NHL and is still in the AHL at 30 do you constantly bring up Tim Thomas as a comparison?

Reactions: Peter10 and geebaan

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Bringing up low probability comparisons is a waste of time. I’m not sure what you are trying to prove other than point out the incredibly obvious point that some prospects don’t develop quickly but still are impact NHL players.

When a goalie prospect struggles to make the NHL and is still in the AHL at 30 do you constantly bring up Tim Thomas as a comparison?

It's just a schtick; I think he thinks it's funny.

Reactions: Hodgy and geebaan

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
He also actually improved year over year, unlike Joulevi. He went from undrafted to late round pick to solid SEL player to really good, to NHL stardom.

Joulevi has not shown this type of trajectory let alone really even solid improvement.
Disagree...
He's stepped up at every level to be called an impact player... especially playoffs.

It just hasn't been seamless and perfect throughout...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad