Olli Jokkinens wife is furious - publicly slams Panthers display case honouring Olli as unworthy

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
[QUOTE="WaitingForThatCab, post: 169043875, member: 283531
Also, below average? Bruh, you don't need to try to tapdance around it here. We stink. We have stunk for 20 years.[/QUOTE]

I was trying to be kind. Mrs. Jokinen might want to boil some bunnies on me.

I have been there for the past 20 years and it is mind numbing how bad they have been for about 15 of those years.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
He’s not a nice guy and he is actually a jerk. I’ve met him and I’m not impressed. Zero personality.
If you recall he had the issue at the golf event when he was captain where he took Horton and blew off some event.
Big deal, so he was the points leader on a below average franchise.
His wife is a whacko.
Joker is running the South Florida Hockey Academy and he promises these kids that he will get them to the next level and he never delivers, but that doesn’t stop him from taking their parents $28,000 check.
The team should just clear out the display.

I saw one example with a young fan (girl) which did not impress me. Only one example from Jokinen, but I’d expect there was more.

In contrast, Ovie was great when I observed him with fans this year. That was my sole mission rinkside (to see how he interacted with his big fanbase in opposing rink no less).

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
I saw one example with a young fan (girl) which did not impress me. Only one example from Jokinen, but I’d expect there was more.

In contrast, Ovie was great when I observed him with fans this year. That was my sole mission rinkside (to see how he interacted with his big fanbase in opposing rink no less).
I have never met Ovie, but he appears to be a genuinely nice guy in public.

I had a team lunch with Joker and he barely said a word. I didn’t care, but it spoke volumes about his lack of character.

Reactions: CanadianPantherFan

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
This may be true, but if you're going to create a display for a player, you should at least put some effort into it. It's not embarrassing for Jokinen, it's embarrassing for the Panthers.

Also, below average? Bruh, you don't need to try to tapdance around it here. We stink. We have stunk for 20 years.

That's the bottom line. If you do it, do it, don't half ass it. All they managed to do was make the organization look bad and make Jokinen look bad. It's just unprofessional and you'd think a professional sports organization would have a little more sense. But then again, Panthers.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
This was a funny read.
I mean, it is just a bit comical, especially the “O.Jokinen” thing. To me that reads “oh if you remember this guy, it wasn’t the other guy!!!”
I like Olli, but tbh I think it’s in such bad taste to be sour about that. It’s a terrible shrine but hey man make a joke about it lol

IamherefortheFinn

ObsessedWithTheLion
May 24, 2015
Trio Areena
This was a funny read.
I mean, it is just a bit comical, especially the “O.Jokinen” thing. To me that reads “oh if you remember this guy, it wasn’t the other guy!!!”
I like Olli, but tbh I think it’s in such bad taste to be sour about that. It’s a terrible shrine but hey man make a joke about it lol

I have always wondered if there are some casual South Floridian hockey fans who never realised that Olli and Jussi are not the same person.

That display is just bad. Not saying that he "deserves" better shrine than others, but the franchise points leaders display should be at least some what close to par with others honoured this way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->