Olli Jokkinens wife is furious - publicly slams Panthers display case honouring Olli as unworthy

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
OJ had what, 5 good seasons, on a team that finished at the bottom of the standings on a regular basis. Yes, the display case looks like it's made in 5 minutes, but at least you have one. On any other team with a reasonable history, a couple 90pt seasons and 567 games wouldn't get you anywhere near getting a display case, or signing a 1 day contract and being honoured during a game. Speaking of that event, looks like Katerina and OJ conveniently forgot that whole thing happened. That's also the reason why the jersey says "O. Jokinen", because you know, the team at the time had a "J. Jokinen" on it. Beezer was immortalized by the cup run and Jagr is a top5 player of all time (along with molding Huberdeau & Barkov to franchise player level), why are you even wondering why they got a bigger display case?

If a social media beef is the way OJ wants to be remembered by, alrighty then. He's about to be overtaken by HB on pretty much every statistical category within the next year, making OJ's 12y run as relevant, to irrelevant.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
What does this mean? ”Vaatekaapista löytyy ainakin neljä käytettyä pelipaitaa, ja toimistossa on lisää."

Thank you in advance!

RealHumanBean

Mar 23, 2018
What does this mean? ”Vaatekaapista löytyy ainakin neljä käytettyä pelipaitaa, ja toimistossa on lisää."

Thank you in advance!
Something like, "In the wardrobe there are at least 4 used jerseys, and even more in the office"

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
One beef I have with everyone blasting Olli on this, we have no idea what has transpired previously. Y’all with those opinions are assuming Olli and wife to be the villains. I’d rather wait before judging.

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Just throw the stuff away and start building that Huberdeau shrine ;)

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Geez, Barkov is not only underrated by the league, he’s underrated by the fans! :)

Jokinen only has that "memorial" because he's our all-time point leader. Huby will take that over soon

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Jokinen only has that "memorial" because he's our all-time point leader. Huby will take that over soon
Yeah sure, but who’s the more prolific point producer? Barkov 0.86 PPG. Huberdeau 0.82 PPG. Barkov +35. Huberdeau 0.

Huberdeau having a career year and everybody jumps ship and Barkov sucks.

Reactions: Kellyr

Reso

Oct 12, 2014
Yeah sure, but who’s the more prolific point producer? Barkov 0.86 PPG. Huberdeau 0.82 PPG. Barkov +35. Huberdeau 0.

Nobody said Barkov sucks or compared him to Huberdeau...

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Nobody said Barkov sucks or compared him to Huberdeau...
You’re right, within the confines of this thread, but I know what’s been said on other threads. Lots of people here are suddenly very unhappy with Barkov, calling him unfit to be captain, complaining about his 5-game goal scoring drought etc. That’s a fact.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Barkov is a great player, but he is not playing great hockey right now, at a time when the team desperately needs him to step up.

That's what I think most of us are saying: We really need him to be Barkov right now, and lately he has been JAG.

Reactions: JP Mick

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Just read this on GRs article on the athletic today:

“I had tickets tonight but something came up last second,” Jokinen texted The Athletic on Thursday night after Huberdeau got his second assist of the night.

Now I'm not going to assume what came up was less important, but you think in this scenario you would really try to make yourself available to go, especially if you lived close by.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

When did I say Barkov sucks? Of course he'll get a shrine too but this is talking about all-time leading scorer and nothing else. I dont see Barkov putting up a 30 point game to over take Huberdeau in next couple games.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Team managed to lose his "first ever pair of skates" and his jersey that he donated...
I mean I don't really care for these "mini-shrines" to players... but if the Panthers have one for Jokinen, then it should at least look more respectable. This looks like a high-school project, hastily thrown together minutes before class starts by a teenager who couldn't care less.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Team managed to lose his "first ever pair of skates" and his jersey that he donated...
I mean I don't really care for these "mini-shrines" to players... but if the Panthers have one for Jokinen, then it should at least look more respectable. This looks like a high-school project, hastily thrown together minutes before class starts by a teenager who couldn't care less.

When you put it that way. The display couldn't be more accurate of Florida Panthers?

It's like how our owners identified for years and how are players look on the ice

Reactions: 5 Hole

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
He’s not a nice guy and he is actually a jerk. I’ve met him and I’m not impressed. Zero personality.
If you recall he had the issue at the golf event when he was captain where he took Horton and blew off some event.
Big deal, so he was the points leader on a below average franchise.
His wife is a whacko.
Joker is running the South Florida Hockey Academy and he promises these kids that he will get them to the next level and he never delivers, but that doesn’t stop him from taking their parents $28,000 check.
The team should just clear out the display.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
He’s not a nice guy and he is actually a jerk. I’ve met him and I’m not impressed. Zero personality.
If you recall he had the issue at the golf event when he was captain where he took Horton and blew off some event.
Big deal, so he was the points leader on a below average franchise.
His wife is a whacko.
Joker is running the South Florida Hockey Academy and he promises these kids that he will get them to the next level and he never delivers, but that doesn’t stop him from taking their parents $28,000 check.
The team should just clear out the display.

This may be true, but if you're going to create a display for a player, you should at least put some effort into it. It's not embarrassing for Jokinen, it's embarrassing for the Panthers.

Also, below average? Bruh, you don't need to try to tapdance around it here. We stink. We have stunk for 20 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->