Olli Jokkinens wife is furious - publicly slams Panthers display case honouring Olli as unworthy

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005

Katerina Jokinen has had enough apparantly of the Panthers lack of respect for Olli. She is calling out the Panthers organization on twitter for what she feels is injustice towards her husband. She claims John Vanbiesbrouck has been treated better by the Panthers - meaning Florida put more effort and resources into his display locker.

Also the Panthers allegedly have lost Ollis first pair of skates and an unknown game worn jersey which the Jokinen family had donated to the club.

Your thoughts on this? Do you reckon this will force an upgrade of Ollis display case? All in all it seems kind of sad, and by going public with these accusations, the Panthers organization comes across in a slightly bad light.

My personal opinion is it would have been better to contact the Panthers internally about this, and perhaps agree and make changes to the display case to satisfy the Jokinen family.

Last edited:

Dessloch

Nov 29, 2005
Only thing that surprises me there is that its not Jussi Jokinen jersey :)

On that topic, Kind of bizarre to put O.Jokinen, dont you think? Not like anyones going to mistake him for Jussi, eh?

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I'm not saying that Jokinen "deserve" more. He hasn't won anything while playing for the Panthers and is our all time points leader because this organization has no history and was never able to have good teams on the ice year after year.

But It's kind of embarrassing to see that jersey he never wore though. Amateur mistake by them. And the fact that this display has been there for years is even more embarrassing.

And why "O.Jokinen"? Do they think that the fans are stupid and would mistake him with Jussi?

Reactions: BabyBarkov

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Like I said in the other thread, I agree it doesn't look good and the team should be ashamed of themselves for putting so little effort into a display (why even do one if it's gonna look like that lol), but in all fairness the team achieved dick all while he was here (and since tbh) so I don't think there's even much to put up lol.

Jesus what a pathetic franchise we've been.

Reactions: PanthersHockey1

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Was never a Jokinen fan. I'd say the fact he even has a display is embarrassing....Why are we honoring mediocre players?

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Love Olli and this is sad but should be an easy fix. That said, this organization has bigger fish to fry.

-ghoste

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
Was never a Jokinen fan. I'd say the fact he even has a display is embarrassing....Why are we honoring mediocre players?

Mediocre players rarely post 91 point season.

I think the most embarrassing thing here is that the org lost the donations Jokinen family gave them.

Reactions: Frank8 and klabob

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
This organization is kind of pathetic. Whether he deserves enshrinement or not, if you're going to do it don't half-ass it, that just makes Jokinen look bad and it makes the team look worse.

What a f***ing clown show this team has become.

Reactions: klabob and Lesky

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
This organization is kind of pathetic. Whether he deserves enshrinement or not, if you're going to do it don't half-ass it, that just makes Jokinen look bad and it makes the team look worse.

What a ****ing clown show this team has become.

This franchise is such a joke. Do they ever do anything right? Seriously

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
If we quit being fans because of this, it would be like the team quitting being players because they faced an AHL backup with a 0-0-0 record.

Hypothetically.

Dessloch

Nov 29, 2005
Where does Olli live? In sunrise or Finland?

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
A player that was going nowhere, got his career back on track thanks to Keenan and the Panthers...

if this lady has money today and some « fame », it’s because of the Panthers... That’s it, that’s all...

The display is awful sure, I loved Olli and his play... But those were probably our worst years...

Don’t care about this problem, but his wife’s rant is pathetic... Social media era is the worst.

wampa13jku

Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
We have a $10m a year goalie with a 3.33 GAA and a .895sv% with 6 and a half years to go on the deal. Lady, Olli’s display case is a beauty compared to the problems this team is facing at the moment.

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Wasn’t his Allstar jersey in there? Where’d it go? Two unsigned 8x10s and a used helmet is like half of it. Weird that it’s so empty

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Why Problem of the Organisation. Its a bigger Problem for the PR Person who missed his Job.
But definetly a PR Problem, not a Problem that should worry Tallon, there so many people in seats.

But without a Word, an all time leader View should be look better then this.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
This is pathetic, I'm sure many fans have a better set up in their basement. If you are going to do something, do it properly.

This is emblematic of the team, half-assed effort from top to bottom. For those saying he hasn't won shit with the Panthers, do you guys think the Habs would okay a setup like that for Koivu? Absolutely pathetic.

Dessloch

Nov 29, 2005
ALERT ALERT ALERT - Olli Jokinen are supporting his wife - Jokinen says: "Its embarrassing and shocking"

Olli Jokkinen upset about the tribute to himself:

What started the whole issue was that Olli and his wife Katerina recently attended a Florida home game.

Olli Jokinen is furious and has now spoken about this disturbing situation saying the following

"The presentation is shocking and embarrassing. If you are going to do it, do it right, dont just throw in some stuff there" I know I never played with O.Jokinen, Olli said.

The other players display cases have recently been changed/upgraded, but Jokinens has remained the same. Jokinen feels badly treated as he feels he has been treated worse than the other Panthers players who has been honoured the same way:

Olli certainly was not impressed:

"Jaromir Jagr played there for 2 seasons and got a display case thats 4 x times bigger than mine"

His wife Katerina yesterday mentioned John Vanbiesbrouck and that Beezers display were much more nicer than Ollis.

Source:
Olli Jokinen upprörd över hyllningen till sig själv
https://www.iltalehti.fi/nhl/a/2aad8aaa-03bb-4bc4-9fbf-e7ff70971ac9

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad