News Article: Oliwer Kaski signed

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
According to DetNews he's signing a 1 year 2 way ELC contract, so the max AHL salary is $70k. (Hell, I make more money than that.) He won't need to be bought out, since it's one season.

Absolutely no risk for the Wings, the roster spot can be freed up by not resigning Chelios.

Yeah, mine was all a joke!

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah, mine was all a joke!
I know you were being sarcastic, but the AHL ELC max is significantly lower than what you posted which is the NHL ELC max (which just enforces your point). Two way contract makes it an absolute no-brainer.

Weird flex, but ok.
Obviously you missed my point, $70k is nothing in pro sports. It's normal people salary. I'm not flexing anything.

To put it in perspective, a team flight costs more. That's for one game.

Reactions: Oddbob

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Oh for ****'s sake, can we give the guy a minute before calling him a disaster?

Also, the IIHF coverage made it sound like this was a done deal. Anyone have any links or whatever to prove one way or the other?

By the way, nobody cares how much money anyone here makes... mostly because it's the internet and I'm a millionaire.

Kaski's agent is on the record saying he intends to sign with Detroit after the tournament.

Red Wings, Finnish D-man Oliwer Kaski agree on one-year deal

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Oh for ****'s sake, can we give the guy a minute before calling him a disaster?

Also, the IIHF coverage made it sound like this was a done deal. Anyone have any links or whatever to prove one way or the other?

By the way, nobody cares how much money anyone here makes... mostly because it's the internet and I'm a millionaire.

You're a millionaire? Hey, me too! I got all sorts of Bench Bucks in the bank.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
You're a millionaire? Hey, me too! I got all sorts of Bench Bucks in the bank.

Hopefully when our team's fortunes return to form @Bench bucks return in full. I feel like we are in a recession there since we started being bad and he stopped being a mod while dropping in as often. He does show up a lot more than @SoupNazi at this point. Though none are nearly as dire as the decline in @Kronwalled55 hat eating:laugh:

Last edited:

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Offensive defenseman with great size. Despite his size, he doesn’t play a physical style and instead relies on his positioning and stick-checking on defense. Loves to join the rush and create offense. Has a heavy and accurate slap shot, and he is capable of shooting from imperfect passes. His release on the wrist shot is extremely quick. He loves to shoot the puck as much as possible. Very dangerous on the power play. Needs to work on his defensive game and avoid unnecessary risks. A late-bloomer.

Oliwer Kaski

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Hopefully when our team's fortunes return to form @Bench bucks return in full. I feel like we are in a recession there since we started being bad and he stopped being a mod while dropping in as often. He does show up a lot more than @SoupNazi at this point. Though none are nearly as dire as the decline in @Kronwalled55 hat eating:laugh:

Has anybody actually seen him eat a hat?

Dexter Colt

Oct 29, 2007
Mendham, NJ
In the WC, he performed the worst in his own end and was one hell of a shinpad assassin, but seems he had a good season with his club team. I hope he gets the jist in the A but am a bit worried, as he was quite timid on defense.

As of now, I think Sulak 2.0 but hope he proves me wrong.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
If this kid is so good why would he take this absolute team friendly contract from a lottery team? He couldn't get a better offer?

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Before Wing fans get over excited about Kaski let him get into training camp and see how he does. My feeling is that he may start in Grand Rapids depending on injuries, trades, buyouts, free agency etc. I believe though he will have a great camp and the future looks bright for Kaski.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad