News Article: Oliwer Kaski signed

teddygmr

Jul 7, 2006
So, are there rumors that DaCosta is coming back to NHL? I recall he was a highly skilled center but a bit small for the old NHL.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
So, are there rumors that DaCosta is coming back to NHL? I recall he was a highly skilled center but a bit small for the old NHL.
He's 29 and I think Ottawa stull owns his rights for another year because he bailed out as RFA (similar to the Hudler scenario). I'll pass, would rather sign some randowm Euro D_man as originally proposed.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Rumor from Finland is that he has signed with Columbus.

Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Ryan Murray - David Savard
Markus Nutivaara - Oliwer Kaski
Dean Kukan

They are gonna have a finnish 3rd pair at next season.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
He was 6th in the league with 51 points (all positions), which is pretty good.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Damn is this for real?? Stevie yzerman doing his magic already!nice

Guessing Sulak is gone now? Can’t keep everyone

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Anyone know if this guy will have a legit shot to be on the roster next season? Or AHL bound?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Anyone know if this guy will have a legit shot to be on the roster next season? Or AHL bound?

I don't know. He looked like next Karlsson during his hot streak in Finland. He skates the same way and holds the stick same way, but of course, he is not Erik Karlsson. He is Oliwer Kaski. Son of former Finnish national level player Olli Kaski.

Only I can say, his ceiling seems to be high. But of course, nothing is a quarantee. He could bust. It's boom or bust, I think.

Former Stanley Cup winner Ville Nieminen seemed to be very great coach for him at Pelicans, on mental side.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
cool was hoping the Wings would go after him

we'll see how he turns out but certainly seems worth a shot after the season he had in any case,the team needs defensive talent any way it can get it

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Adjusting to the lack of time and space in the NHL will be huge for him, obviously. If he can get that shot of just a little quicker he could be a weapon in the NHL with a defensive defenseman on his pair.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Had no idea who he was until watching the Finland v Russia game a few days ago, remember being very impressed by him during the game. Pleasently surprised that he'll likely sign with the wings. Will definitely follow him closely throughout the tournament.

No high hopes yet, but you can never go wrong with these signings.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Here are some highlights :

Judging from this, he seems to have a booming shot and great skating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->