WJC: Olivier Roy or Mark Visentin as starter for Team Canada

Parise09*

All I know is that Roy and Visenten are much better than last year's tandem...

Sep 19, 2008
After meticulous study and analysis I have decided that Oliver Roy should start for Team Canada against Russia

Roy did well against the Swiss, while Visentin did well too, but he had a lower sample size of shots faced. I think Roy gets the start.

Johnny McBravo

Hello Connor
May 28, 2010
Canada
After meticulous study and analysis I have decided that Oliver Roy should start for Team Canada against Russia

Roy did well against the Swiss, while Visentin did well too, but he had a lower sample size of shots faced. I think Roy gets the start.

Roy played against the Swedes:help:

the word*

If Cameron selects Visentin to start and the team doesn't win the gold, look out because it appears it would be a political decision at this juncture. I bet the players on this team are supporting Roy as the starter.

I was hopeful that hockey Canada wasn't going to make the same mistakes as last year when the tournament came down to questionable player selection, but I got a bad feeling heading into the Boxing Day opener.

I'll be cheering for Canada all the way but I can see Cameron about to make a monumental blunder playing his guy over the best player available.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I'll be cheering for Canada all the way but I can see Cameron about to make a monumental blunder playing his guy over the best player available.

Most experienced but he's not the best. Visentin is a better goalie.

That said, I actually think I'd go with Roy. His advantage in experience is more valuable in this tournament than Visentin's superior tools.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
It's Roy, as it should be. But all of the people on here that it should have been a slam dunk or that Roy is the easy choice haven't been paying attention to much more than the one game.

In the end it's a good thing for Cameron to have two guys he should feel comfortable going with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad