Oliver Wahlstrom finally tapping to his true potential and starting to live up to his draft position

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
This is fair. There was the whole not going back to school because he/his parents felt it wasn't a good situation; didn't help that he came out and point-blank said he didn't like school or studying. Followed that up with a mediocre year for a horrible team in the Sound Tigers. There were many Islanders fans that thought he was going to bust (while meanwhile feeling that Wilde was going to be in the NHL in a year or two and so far he's had a rough go).

Does feel like he was drafted a long time ago lol.
Wilde and bolduc will be ready soon, because they're gonna need to take more time to mature anyways. They're doing the right thing by letting them play in bridgeport, and develop even if Thompson is a horrid coach

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
I think the finally sentiment comes from the fact that Wahlstrom was lumped in with the other NYI forward prospects , none of which actualized their potential/lived up to draft status (except JHS who was touted as a problem at the draft and definitely lived up to that)

Wahlstrom was a Lamoriello draft pick and has already surpassed all of the Snow 1st round forward selections (MDC, JHS, Bellows)
It sucks knowing how bad snow was in round one, yet he had some hits in the later round. Snows death blow was always the top 5

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I remember a lot of Sens fans wanted him at 4. I was not one of them but it was very surprising to see him struggle these past two years... I had a strong feeling that the entire top 14 could be legit NHLers, but for a bit he looked like one of the guys at risk of threatening that.

Now, just 15 games in, he looks like a very safe bet as a good t0p 9/middle 6 forward and has definite upside for more.

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
I remember a lot of Sens fans wanted him at 4. I was not one of them but it was very surprising to see him struggle these past two years... I had a strong feeling that the entire top 14 could be legit NHLers, but for a bit he looked like one of the guys at risk of threatening that.

Now, just 15 games in, he looks like a very safe bet as a good t0p 9/middle 6 forward and has definite upside for more.
Wahlstrom should've been a top 10 pick really.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
His release is absurd, both his one-timer and his snap shot

watch the goal against the Devils the other night, he just flicks his wrist and the puck goes off like a rocket

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Wahlstrom should've been a top 10 pick really.

It's hard to say... I feel like most of the top 14 would go top 10 in many, many draft years.... and even beyond the top 14, there are some really good young players. Wahlstrom, Dobson and Farabee at 11, 12, 14 is pretty wild... he's certainly a good one. Has some elite offensive talents and plays the game the right way.

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
It's hard to say... I feel like most of the top 14 would go top 10 in many, many draft years.... and even beyond the top 14, there are some really good young players. Wahlstrom, Dobson and Farabee at 11, 12, 14 is pretty wild... he's certainly a good one. Has some elite offensive talents and plays the game the right way.
2018 is gonna be a super fun draft to look back at if guys like dobson, bernard-docker, bouchard, alexeyev, miller, lundqvisk, and a slew of others too. The top 10 might as well be the weakest aspect of the draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad