Injury Report: Oliver Ekman-Larsson(Upper Body)

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Tipp, "OEL looked all right. We'll call him day-to-day with an upper body injury, but we kept him out as a precaution."

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Response was pathetic and embarrassing. Yandle is a warrior. Kudos to Murphy, too.

Guys like Chipchura and Brown should feel shame. Shame.

#claimkenopka

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Response was pathetic and embarrassing. Yandle is a warrior. Kudos to Murphy, too.

#claimkenopka
*googles Kenopka*

Dude's wikipedia page photo shows him in the penalty box.

:biglaugh:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Hadn't heard he got waived.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/02/wild-place-enforcer-konopka-on-waivers/

Konopka has two points and 55 penalty minutes in 36 games this season. He didn’t establish himself in the NHL until his late 20s, but once he did, he led the league in penalty minutes in back-to-back campaigns. He’s also strong on the draw with a 65.7 faceoff winning percentage in 2013-14.

He’s in the final campaign of his two-year, $1.85 million contract with the Wild.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
This team would be nothing without Yandle. I hope people are starting to realize that. He loves this team more than anything. I pray he retires here as the captain.

2 guys have really stood out IMO since Doan's been out: Yandle and Vermette. Busting their ass every night and leading by example. I wasn't particularly fond of either of them, but they've made me do a 180 since the team started struggling.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
New announcers, same terrible quality. Never change Columbus.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

#claimkenopka
No ****! It's awesome that Yandle and Murphy were standing up to them but when your "sandpaper" guys don't do ****, that's unacceptable. Man I wish Doan was back, he would've been dishing out pain all over the ice after that cheapshot on OEL!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

#claimkenopka

Your so right. You can add Morris, Klesla, Klink, Moss and Hanzal to that list. We had sand kicked in our face all game last night. Maybe I'm blind but Brown has be useless in all his call ups. slow, won't hit, doesn't score, always behind the play.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I was dying for somebody to take a cheap shot against Johansen. Cross check to the mouth, elbow to the head, dump him face first into the boards, some kind of blatant cheap shot.

OEL is the ****ing franchise.

Pretty sure we'd have been okay with Kyle Chipchura missing five games with a suspension if it evened the ledger a bit.

Can we please get Torres back?

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
NHL just announced Mackenzie will have a hearing this afternoon.
Hope he gets a lifetime ban from hockey and a public stoning in the streets of Glendale.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I'm just upset the way we played after the hit. No urgency, it's like the team didn't care and was hungover from going out partying after the game on New Year's Eve.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Our potential Norris winning defensemen gets taken out and who sticks up for him? Our other potential Norris winning defensemen and a rookie skilled defensemen. What the flying **** were Morris, Chip, Hanzal, etc. doing?

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
If they want to get these hits out of the game, not only should the player be suspended, but they also need to start fining/docking pay of the two referees. Under the current system, referees with poor performance reviews receive fewer future games, but that's not enough. It's embarrassing for the league to have to swoop in and be the disciplinarian.

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
If they want to get these hits out of the game, not only should the player be suspended, but they also need to start fining/docking pay of the two referees. Under the current system, referees with poor performance reviews receive fewer future games, but that's not enough. It's embarrassing for the league to have to swoop in and be the disciplinarian.

On replay, the ref was looking straight at the hit, right? Annoying no call there... I don't think its the worst hit I've ever seen, but given the current state of the NHL, it certainly should of been a 5. If Marty makes that hit, is he getting sat down? I think so....

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
On replay, the ref was looking straight at the hit, right? Annoying no call there... I don't think its the worst hit I've ever seen, but given the current state of the NHL, it certainly should of been a 5. If Marty makes that hit, is he getting sat down? I think so....

And if Raffi Torres makes that hit, HFBoards explodes and he gets banned for life.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
If Marty makes that hit, is he getting sat down? I think so....

If Raffi made that hit he would never play another game (exaggeration). Not saying that's the way it should be, but this whole repeat offender thing leads to some injustices IMO.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
kid is one of my favorite players to watch...embarassing that there was no penalty on the play, i just dont understand what the refs were thinking, it was clear as day a hit from behind straight into the boards...anyways, hoping he is ok and doesnt miss much time, from what i hear tippett says he looked ok after the game. good luck yotes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad