Confirmed with Link: Oliver Ekman-Larsson named Captain

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Oliver Ekman-Larsson to be named Coyotes captain

Oliver Ekman-Larsson is expected to be named Coyotes’ captain on Thursday, multiple sources told The Athletic. Ekman-Larsson will become the fourth captain in the team’s Arizona history, following in chronological order, Keith Tkachuk (1996-2001), Teppo Numminen (2001-03) and Shane Doan (2003-17).

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Glad to see the Yotes going into the season with a capable C. First Swede Captain for the Yotes technically! ( I don't count Jets history cause that's the Jets history.)

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
tenor.gif

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Doan at the 1:49 minute mark re: OEL "continue a career that is going to be historic for our (stutter) organization"

It's great to hear those words from Doaner, may not mean he's coming back to the org.....just great to hear acknowledge he's still a Coyote...stutter or no stutter.

Year I caught that too.

Barroway had left a door open for him when he felt the time was right.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
I received this e-mail, with OEL's name in the "From:" field. Assuming it's okay to post it verbatim here.

Pack,

I am beyond thrilled to be chosen as the new captain of the Arizona Coyotes. It’s a big honor and I’m very grateful. I’ve been with this team for a long time and it’s part of who I am and it feels good to know they respect and appreciate me enough to give me this important job.

The Coyotes have had great captains through the years in Shane Doan, Teppo Numminen and Keith Tkachuk. It means a lot to me to join their club and to be a part of such a special group of leaders. They’ve set the bar very high.

I want to let everybody know that I’m not planning to change the way I play or who I am. I’m going to stay the same guy I am now because that’s why they decided to name me the captain. I’m confident I can handle this without changing a thing about my leadership style. I’m very fortunate that I had an opportunity to learn from one of the NHL's all-time greatest leaders, and following in Shane Doan’s footsteps will be a huge job. During his last few years, he taught me things about respecting people and how that leads to being respected with the team, and I was paying close attention and learned a lot.

I’m super excited for this season to start. We finished strong last year and added some very good players this summer, so I’m expecting us to be better. We’re definitely headed in the right direction and have a very bright future. I can’t wait to get started.

Your new captain,

-OEL

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

Anyone know how to get access to that video only? The video itself seems like an awesome way to reveal but it's spoiled by the announcement in text right above the video and all the twitter spam all around it. I'd like to be able to share just the video with a few people who hopefully haven't found out the news yet.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Doan at the 1:49 minute mark re: OEL "continue a career that is going to be historic for our (stutter) organization"

It's great to hear those words from Doaner, may not mean he's coming back to the org.....just great to hear acknowledge he's still a Coyote...stutter or no stutter.
Yeah that part was awesome and I think the wording was intentional. The stutter was nothing though, just a stumble on the somewhat awkward phonetic combo of "our or".

Reactions: AZviaNJ

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
Big, tough, skilled North American winger
Big, smooth, mad underrated Scandinavian defenseman
Big, tough, skilled North American winger
Big, smooth, mad underrated Scandinavian defenseman

:D

Finland is not part of Scandidavia :naughty:

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I received this e-mail, with OEL's name in the "From:" field. Assuming it's okay to post it verbatim here.
I didn't get the email from OEL. He probably heard me screaming "not another turnover Oliver" last year.....I'm paraphrasing of course for HFB. :)

Last edited:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I didn't get the email from OEL. He probably heard me screaming "not another turnover Oliver" last year.....I'm paraphrasing of course for HFB. :)

Bring me back to the "Come on, Yandle" chorus.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad