Post-Game Talk: Olive Gardens defeats the Outback Steakhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I thought MoJo was the best player on the ice tonight (aside from Kinky and followed closely by Coleman) but really great compete level all game. Severson had a brain fart as usual, but he also had some good defensive work - really not much to complain about. I hope Hischier can skate to the net at some point without a death defying wipeout. That said, he definitely 100% saved a goal that should have gone in.

I see the Heiskenen hype. Dude is fearless for a child.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I may be the first one to say it but it’s time to re-sign Kinker to a two year extension. Tell him he has an opportunity to be NJD starter if he continues to be the best tender in the organization. Schneids looks shot and worst case scenario is we have a good backup signed beyond this year. Lack, Blackwood and the rest of the bunch suck.
I'd like to wait until the calendar year to extend him, but I wouldn't hate if we re-signed him for 2 years @ $2.5 million per. Goalie depth is very questionable beyond Kinkaid and really questionable beyond Kinkaid and Schneider, and even Kinkaid himself is still a bit questionable, which is why I'd rather wait until the new year.

I do think we might have come to the point where Kinkaid is the organization's best goaltender, but more so because of not being much of a believer in Cory anymore, than Kinkaid now being really good.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Vatanen/Mueller have only been on for 1 goal against in 4 games, playing against the other team's #1 lines.

Not too shabby.

I know, but Mueller looks nervous with the puck. I wish he was better with the puck, maybe he would only have one GA when he's on the ice...

Can you smell that sarcasm?

Reactions: BenedictGomez

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I just hope Sideshow Will is okay. Although since he doesn't play "real" defensemen minutes we should be okay.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
who else is gonna throw his bod around... which he did tonight?

id sign him up for 2 more. get other guys in here and he can take the stafford role.

something tells me hes great in the locker room too.

As a 13th forward sure. I don’t see him as that physical for a guy his size but let him replace Stafford and let a Seney or whoever is ready next year join the 4th line.

Reactions: AveryQuietMan

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
I'd like to wait until the calendar year to extend him, but I wouldn't hate if we re-signed him for 2 years @ $2.5 million per. Goalie depth is very questionable beyond Kinkaid and really questionable beyond Kinkaid and Schneider, and even Kinkaid himself is still a bit questionable, which is why I'd rather wait until the new year.

I do think we might have come to the point where Kinkaid is the organization's best goaltender, but more so because of not being much of a believer in Cory anymore, than Kinkaid now being really good.
Some will never be convinced.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Meanwhile the Devils are slated #16 on this weeks NHL power rankings
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->