Olesz or Tukonen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hug Ben Laf

#86 #10 #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
Lately I have heard Tukonen are/will be a better player than Olesz, I want to know ppl opinion on who they would take of this 2 young prospect?

I would presonally take Olesz, he was ranked very hight at the beginning of this year, but a bad season in the Czech league and the concussion from Phaneuf dont help his ranking (although Olesz is totally ok now). I think he is a little bit of Holik and a little bit of Jagr, the guy have no weakness and all remain for him is getting stronger. I would wonder what ya all think about this, Olezs or Tukonen?

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Rostislav Olesz, I think he has a higher upside, but both are good and could become very good players in the NHL.

CH Wizard

Kryoptix said:
Olesz for me (i wanted him badly for the habs) :banghead:

Yeah me too I was mad when the panthers picked him !! I like more Olesz we needed a skilled center like Olesz because if Koivu is gone mm Olesz can replace him (if he was picked by the habs of course).I read that he's the second best player to come form Czech REpublic after Jagr :D .

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
the critics said Michaleks offensive game was in question after he was suppose to be a offensive star, I seen Michalek at the WJC in Halifax and his offensive game was great and he proved that as well with his short stint in the NHL and AHL this year that his offensive game did not hurt any at all. Olesz IMO has alot of offensive ability and will show it once he is out of the High League.

Tukonen, but I had Olesz exactly one spot below him in my rankings.

Tukonen gets the nod for two reasons. First, he's going to be an NHL player. With his combination of size, skating, and attitude; he's a lock to be at least a checking wing. Second, his upside is slightly higher. Tukonen's peak would be as a high scoring powerforward, which is what every team wants and needs. Olesz's peak would be as an elite first line center, which is great but easier to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad