oleg saprykin or jon cheechoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueliner

Tough Building
Sep 18, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
saprykin's quietly (and to some extent finally) showing improved signs of life, he's got offensive nouse (52gp-9g-14a-23p) plus a host of other qualities which one assumes he'll continue to develop as he works to establish himself as a versatile top 6 forward...cheechoo's had a more immediate impact, arguably possesses 'purer' goalscoring instincts (60gp-16g-14a-30p) and also carries other intangibles which make him a likely top-6 candidate too...

so, who would you lean towards, and why?

OMA

Mar 11, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Cheechoo is more of a sure thing in my opinion. The guy's going to be a second line player for a long time IMO.

Saprykin is such an enigma. Having seen a lot of him this year, the guy has first-line upside. But he's one of those players that's either going to reach that upside and be a dynamite player or bust and be playing in Europe by the time he's 30.

Sammy*

nomorekids said:
cheechoo is by far the better all-around player.
By your observations, what exactly is Chechoo so much better at.
From what I have seen , Saprykin is alot more skilled & works harder.

evman150*

nomorekids said:
i'd say the same thing...about cheechoo.

Cheechoo works harder? Probably.

More skilled? Not a chance in hell.

Saprykin makes me sick a lot of the time. He is so skilled, but he can't seem to put it together. It can be very frustrating watching him playing.

st_roland

Absolutely Jonathan Cheechoo. I love watching that kid play. Hes already a top six winger with heart and grit. Saprykin has proved nothing to be, other than hes inconsistent.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Saprykin has the potential to be much better than Cheechoo.........whether or not he puts it all together is up to him.

But for now I'd go with Chechoo.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
I'd say Cheechoo....only because of Horatio Sans character on SNL (Leatherman) named Choo-choo....every time my room mate and I hear his named called we start the whole "CHOO_CHOO" chant....
Dont know why I posted this....

Seriously though I think he is the better player of the two.

Brad Tolliver

Terror Goes Into
Feb 17, 2004
Overtime
With Cheechoo you know exactly what you are getting out of him. He can contribute by more than just scoring.

With Saprykin you don't.

Hockeycrazed07

Jun 15, 2002
Buena Vista, VA
www.hockeycrazed.com
Cheech has among the best hands in SJ. I'm anything but a Sharks fan, but I must admit that I love Cheech. Kid works harder than anyone I've seen, and the improvement in his skating has to be noted. He'll never be a top-notch skater, but since last year, he's improved from being among the most atrocious skaters in the NHL to being just below average. His skating is literally the only thing I see holding him back. If he continues to improve at the same pace, I can't help but see him as a dominant 2nd line forward.

~Crazed.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Shoeverine said:
With Cheechoo you know exactly what you are getting out of him. He can contribute by more than just scoring.

With Saprykin you don't.
I have to disagree, I really think that Saprykin is becoming a solid two way forward. I know this is unbelievable, but his always the first forward back, his choices still aren't always great without the puck, but he is improving rapidly. Seriously, just watch, I ain't lying.

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Saprykin...I think he has the higher upside.

....I should note though that I am not a JC fan. Something about his play bugs me, but I'm not quite sure......and I've only seen Oleg 6 or 7 times...

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
Cheech right now but if Sappy gets his game together he has way more potential and could be a much better player than Cheech.

Red Bull

Dec 21, 2003
Visit site
nomorekids said:
cheechoo is by far the better all-around player.

Why because Saprykin's Russian? People have a tendancy to think evey Russian is a Bure. A lot of Russians are like that but not all of them.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Red Bull said:
Why because Saprykin's Russian? People have a tendancy to think evey Russian is a Bure. A lot of Russians are like that but not all of them.

no...because...i think it's true. if you asked me if i'd rather have saprykin or cheechoo on my team...i'd pick cheechoo. on the other hand...if you asked if i'd rather have semenov or bergeron...i'd rather have semenov...so...nationality has nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad